Thread: Piniella showcases his thoughts on CSNBC

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Piniella showcases his thoughts on CSNBC

They are having a sit down show that I just was caught in the middle of. Here is the scenario;

Willie Randolph, Joe Torre, Tim Ruggert, Lou Piniella, Whitey Herzog and Yogi Berra all conversing on some of the changes to the game. The part that I could not help but pay attention to was that Piniella has stated what he is doing next season. He stated that he will not manage in 2006 and that he hopes to get hired on for a broadcasting job somewhere.

This is really dissapointing to our expectations and hopes and it sucked to hear it. But I am still wondering what the meeting between him and Castellini was all about.

MLB ERA
    If we did land Piniella, it wouldn't be as manager for this year anyways.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    You guys realize what this means, right? Piniella will NOT be managing for us next season and all our hopes for a new manager are likely washed out for now. I really hope that this broadcasting business is going to at least be for the Reds. Maybe a replacement for Welch or Grande on the TV broadcast. Would be nice to see him start from there and eventually move in on another job just by being with the organization.

MLB ERA
    God, I really don't want Lou doing the Reds broadcasting. Did you hear him during the playoffs? He pretty much sucks. I had already concluded that he wasn't going to be managing for us next year, and I believe thinking otherwise was probably a bit deluded. Though, speaking of broadcasters, we really should get Dan Hoard announcing every day. He's awesome and actually has opinions and shows emotion, unlike Grande and Welsh.