Thread: Dunn for Beckett/Lowell

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Dunn for Beckett/Lowell

Why aren't the Reds actively pursuing a Beckett/Lowell for Dunn and possibly a spec or two? Beckett would by our #1 starter. Lowell could be there if EdE really isn't ready for a full season. The Marlins would get a drawing card that they could lock up long-term. It makes sense for all parties involved.
    rf28

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Beckett and Lowell together will cost us around $20 million next season. Subtract the Dunn LTC of around $12 million and we still are paying $8 million in this trade. This would eliminate any other ideas of getting any other help in the bullpen or anywhere else.

We would pretty much be getting Burnett for Dunn, but having to eat up $8 million because we have to pay Lowell to sit the bench. Nobody would take his contract after we get him and it is a guaranteed stuck situation. Even though these are my reasons, I think the FO wouldn't do it because they would not raise the payroll until we have our new ownership in place. And by then, I think Burnett will be acquired as a FA from someone.

But it is all still tempting to go after Burnett no matter what, so I can't decline this thought completely.

Because Beckett hasn't been nearly as good as Dunn at what he's supposed to do over the past two years and the money he would command for what he has done is simply not worth dealing Adam Dunn, especially with Lowell in the deal.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

and EdE is ready.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford