Thread: Ortiz expects to return soon

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Ortiz expects to return soon

Ortiz expects to return soon

By Hal McCoy

Dayton Daily News

ST. LOUIS | Ramon Ortiz couldn't make his scheduled start Wednesday against the St. Louis Cardinals and was moved to the back of the rotation.
    How far back is the question.

Ortiz's condition is listed as a stiff groin, the same malady that forced him out of a game in spring training March 23 against the New York Yankees, forcing the Cincinnati Reds to adjust his first start of the season.

Ortiz made that start Friday in Houston and held the Astros to one run and five hits over five innings.

But his groin and leg stiffened again.

"My leg is real tight," Ortiz said Wednesday morning. "I don't want to pitch and hurt it more and lose three or four weeks. I'll take a couple of days and make sure it is OK."

Ortiz said he was running in the outfield Tuesday and, "It was real tight. I told manager Dave Miley I wanted to pitch, but I didn't want to hurt it more and lose three or four weeks. In five years in the majors I had never missed a start when it was my turn."

"We'll just let (trainer) Mark Mann and Ortiz do what they have to do and get this thing right," said Miley.
    Click here for the rest of Reds Notes

MLB ERA
    It sounds like he might be able to make his next scheduled start.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Well we have a lot of options otherwise. Belisle did real well, and can step it up again. Shouldn't hurt us too much to have him let it completely heal. Good to know the option is there.