Thread: Weak Rumor

Weak Rumor

While the rest of baseball talks trades and free agents, the reds have this:

From the Enquirer,

Former Reds manager Lou Piniella was in Cincinnati on Monday and was spotted in the downtown building where potential new owner Robert Castellini's offices are located.

Castellini is in the process of buying the Reds. Alan Nero, Piniella's agent, confirmed that Piniella was in Cincinnati.

"He was visiting friends," Nero told a St. Petersburg Times reporter. "Nothing is imminent, believe me."

Piniella managed the Tampa Bay Devils Rays last season. He was let out of his contract to pursue other opportunities.

Reds manager Jerry Narron is under a 1-year contract, as is general manager Dan O'Brien.

I guess it's something. I have to think that there is no chance that Lou will be the reds manager this year, but maybe A) he'll replace john allen, or B) is talking to the new owners about managing or GMing next year.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

MLB ERA
    Why not do like Baltimore and when we start to struggle immediately fire Narron and bring in Pinella? Dont know if he would be a good GM or replacing allen, I just know that Sweet Lou can get the best out of what he has and any question about that just needs to look at the 1990 World Series Team.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Fire Narron now plz.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Sweet Lou as manager would thrill me beyond belief, but not as GM. I am keeping my fingers crossed even if it's not much to go on.