Thread: Reds/Astros: 4/15-4/17

MLB ERA

Reds/Astros: 4/15-4/17

I figured I'd make this discussion thread right now. This is a big series for us... not only because the 'Stros have looked good thus far, but because it could really booster our confidence if we could win at least 2 of 3.

Here are the projected pitching matches:

Oswalt vs. Wilson

Pettitte vs. Milton

TBA vs. Harang
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I really want to get the Astros back bad. I am going to love the win today and start going crazy over how badly I want to kill the Astros later. No way are they going to take anymore games from us. I want a sweep.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    This series is key for sure. Not only because they swept us last week but because we need to establish early on that we can win within the division. Our biggest problem last year outside of the shallow pitching and injuries was our inabillity to win against NL Central teams, espicially the ones that mattered. And at this point in the early season, all games mattered because the team is setting up their confidence/chemistry/etc.

MLB ERA
    This team MUST beat the Cards/Astros if we are going to compete for the rest of the season.

Think about it:

We have lost eleven in a row to the Astros(dating back to last year) and although we won one of two vs. the Cards in this past series, we lost fourteen of nineteen to them last year.(15 of 21 counting this year)

Just for those of you doing the math at home... dating back to last year... we have(pretty much) lost TWENTY SIX of our last THIRTY TWO to those two teams.

Of course that doesn't count our wins vs. the Astros last year... but they were few and far between too.

That isn't going to cut it by any stretch of the imagination.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I totally agree. And it's important not to give them the mental edge early on. Our guys are going to have to suck it up, play to their fullest abillity and show they are legit and thay other teams in the Central better watch out. You can't win the division without beating the top teams in the division obviously.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    These teams also have no clue as to what to expect. I know they know we are better on paper, but they better realize that when they played us last year, we did not have Griffey, Kearns, Randa, Milton, etc. We are better because the injury bug has not hit us either.

We really need Casey, Dunn, Kearns, to contribute. Kearns looks a little more alive as does Casey. Griffey has been on and off a little bit, and Dunn just common sense tealls us he is better than what we see now. We need them this series desperately.

C you there
    MLB ERA
    Man i'm really hoping we win this series bad, Just got done watching the highlights of todays game and that put high hopes on me, i'm so exited right now hope to conteniue to feel this way after the series against the astros

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Well, I will not be here for Game 1 and the big in your face win tonight because of Little League practice. So, have fun guys and this time I will watch the archive in hopes to see a good game. I predict a Dunn home run and Kearns to have a strong game.

AAA ERA
    does ne one remember when we swept them last season in the beginning? that was nice...hope to repeat that success this weekend

C you there
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by griffeyfan30
    does ne one remember when we swept them last season in the beginning? that was nice...hope to repeat that success this weekend
    well no luck this time