Thread: Clutch Howard leads Sox to AFL wins (and other AFL stats)

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA

Clutch Howard leads Sox to AFL wins (and other AFL stats)

Kevin Howard came up big for the Arizona Fall League's Mesa Solar Sox this past week. On Monday, he went 3-for-4 with two RBIs and scored as Mesa edged the Peoria Saguaros, 6-5.
    The 24-year-old infielder was even better on Wednesday, driving a homer and three singles in a 4-for-4 effort as the Solar Sox topped the Peoria Javelinas, 8-5.

Howard and six other Reds prospects are continuing their 2005 campaigns with Mesa. Here's how they fared during the week ending Oct. 27:
    story

good to see howard and denorfia staying consistent. The league is hitting really well this year, but a 1.086 and .916 OPS can't be scoffed at. i think it's possible that howard hitting the way he did gave the reds a little more wiggle room in letting aurilia go, and i wonder if denorfia will do the same thing as far as the outfielders go.

also, as if i needed to mention, allan simpson continues to dominate, over 10.2 scoreless innings. and you have to take that in the same context as the hitters, taht is, the league is hitting really well off most pitchers.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Simpson a possible bullpen candidate? I was having high hopes for this guy when we got him from Colorado in the Acevedo deal. He was known to be an impressive arm, yet we did not see that impressiveness this season. I hope he is ready now.