• SS Felipe Lopez- .291 BA, 23 HR, 85 RBI, .838 OPS

4 28.57%

Thread: Reds MVP of 2005

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Reds MVP of 2005

So who's it going to be?

(BTW, I was tempted to include LaRue/Valentin as a tandem on their but I got lazy and decided not to figure up the stats. If you guys want to include them on the poll, I can do so though.)

Where's Eric Milton?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

I would have never expected FeLo to be where he is today, one year ago.

MLB ERA
    I said Felipe. That kind of production from the SS spot is great, and I expected a season like this out of a healthy Griffey. Not so much out of Felipe.

but the award isn't most surprising player, it's most valuable. As much as i loved Griffey and Felo's great seasons, Dunn was there every day and put up better numbers from all parts of the order.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    It really is a tossup for me between Dunn and Harang but since Harang has yet to get any votes, I am giving it to him. To have a Reds pitcher of recent memory go 200+ innings is rare, let alone to have an ERA under 4 while doing it.

Now if we could just get 4 more of him somehow....

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Its Harang hands down. Finally a Reds pitcher showed promise and gave the rest of the players something to hope for and someone to play behind. He put up good numbers and should get this one. Can't believe Aurilia isn't an option.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    All these guys did considerably well this year. I give it to Griffey though. Yes, we should expect him to play this well when healthy, but the fact of it all is he was healthy and put up some good numbers. Dunn would have gotten it from me, but he just seemed to fall of big time toward the end of the season. Which makes my Griffey vote look kind of biased as he got hurt at the end of the season, but Griffey seems like he was trying to prove he was still good, and he did that this season. To me, it was a defining year for him.

unless a pitcher si absolutely dominant, i have trouble considering them for an MVP award, because they don't contribute to every game. I think Griffey played better than Dunn for 4 months of the season, and i think Harang was more valuable pound for pound than dunn when he started, but Dunn was the only guy who produced for this team at a high level every game, and he did it under adverse conditions.

a guy like clemens could easily get an MVP vote for me, because even though he only played in 30 games, he took them over, and i don't think an everyday player like dunn can say that he dominated 30 games.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

I voted FeLo. If FeLo would have started the first month or so of the season he could of had 100 RBI.

I gave it to Dunn just because he was there throughout the year and continually stepped up many times. I would still like to see his BA come up but he produced many big hits at needed times.