Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are we too disappointed?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Are we too disappointed?

I have to admit that I was upset about the sweep. After the Reds swept the Mets, I honestly expected to go on and win the series against the Stros. Or at least take one out of three. So, it took me a bit to get over it, but I am.

There is a Cards mini series starting tomorrow and I would like more than anything to show the Cards that we are ready to fight for a position in the Central standings. In order to do that we are going to have to come out swinging. Too many missed opportunities yesterday and we cannot see things like this tomorrow. Runners left in scoring position equaled to about six, so I do not know if Miley needs to get his lineup straight, or if Chambliss needs to teach contact and hitting the ball where it is pitched, but something needs to be done. We can't win if we can't score runs. So take a day off Reds and be prepared for STL tomorrow.

AA ERA
    I think we are probably too disappointed. Our expectations were probably too high after sweeping the Mets out of town. We did have to face Clemens and Oswalt. But I guess that isnt an excuse because they could have won both games. Its early in the season and we have to win at least one game in STL. It may also be too early to say that, but at some point the Reds have to win games against the divsion to have any hope of even contending for the playoffs.

MLB ERA
    Casey, Kearns and Dunn MUST start hitting for these two upcoming series against the Cards and 'Stros(again).

We at least need one or two of those three to take charge, because we have little chance if all three continue to struggle in the three, four and five holes in the lineup. If most of your big hitters aren't hitting, that doesn't bode well, especially for a Reds pitching staff that can't afford the offense to be off its game as often as some teams can.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

AAA ERA
    you forgot one big guy that MUST start hitting crf30...........GRIFFEY. hes doing horrible this year...no hr yet...jeez

MLB ERA
    I would like to see Griff start hitting the HR, but he does have good numbers overall:

.350/.409/.450/.859
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

AAA ERA
    yea thats true, need more homers

MLB ERA
    Uh, there are 154 more games to go. Try to control yourselves.

AA ERA
    Yeah if Griff is hitting the ball and getting on base I am a happy camper. Especially since hes batting 2nd. The HR will come just by the way he hits. I dont want him trying to hit HR and not getting OB.

AAA ERA
    what is horribly disapointing is that we SHOULD have won the first 2 games.. Freel blew the first game, and Wilson blew the 2nd... like the guy on extra innings said on saturday night, Wilson is an 80 pitch pitcher, once he hits his 80, then you have to yank him, we didn't ,and then well you saw what happend, i guess you could blame wagner too, but we were up 3-0 and were really shutting them down when it all fell apart.

yesterday was tough with oswalt, we got ripped off with the Dunn HR.. and Milton is a gofferball pitcher, the guy is on pace to give up 75 HR's tihs year, it will be a miracle if he wins 10 games this year becase we are going to have to put up 5 or 6 runs worth of run suport in order to win with this guy, don't give me the 3 days rest crap, because he only thre 66 pitches on wednesday and he historically has done well on 3 days rest (lifetime 3.10 ERA) the guy is a flyball pitcher, and Minute maid park is not a place for him to pitch.. and neither is GABP
    this team should be 5-1 right now, but they are not.. so yeah i am very disapointed

MLB ERA
    Milton had flu-like symptoms yesterday too. I'm not making excuses for his outing, but I did want to make that clear.

Also, I don't think he'll give up 75 HR this season. The pace will drop off soon.

AA ERA
    Well, Milton did pitch well yesterday, but was too much like Wilsons performance the day before. Which is disappointing b/c Milton is an "inning eater". I do look for things to look up, but it has to do it soon with all these division games in a row.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Milton had flu-like symptoms yesterday too. I'm not making excuses for his outing, but I did want to make that clear.

Also, I don't think he'll give up 75 HR this season. The pace will drop off soon.
    lol.. i know i think it will drop off too, but by how much, he gave up close to 50 last year.

and the bad thing is the HR's were not bombs, when they came off the bad they were balls that i would have thought to be fly outs, but they just carried, its weird, both outings i watched every second of, the guy can't throw a groundball pitch to save his life, i could count on both hands the amount of groundballs i saw wed and yesterday.

Robin Roberts record of HR"s given up in a career could be in jeopardy... if it is even he who still holds the record.

ok and for arguments sake lets say he did have the flu, what the hell is brandon claussen doing on this team if you aren't going to use him, i know they didn't want to start him instead they wanted milton to go on 3 days rest, well he shows up to the game not feeling well.. i think its time to deal from the "haveto" but then again that wouldn't be good because Claussen hasn't pitched one ball yet in this first week of the season, he is just plain rotting away in the bullpen

This team is good enough to be 6-0, and should be 5-1, but instead they are 3-3, so bottom line is yes i am still disapointed

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I Think Claussen is scheduled for a game soon though. Therefore, they did not want to mix up the rotation order or have Claussen then pitch for Milton and pitch three days later for his slot.

or if Chambliss needs to teach contact
    That's what got Dunn in trouble.

Chambliss neads to teach Dunn to return to waiting for his pitch ala 2004 instead of trying to cut down on K's.

And he needs to tell Casey to stop swinging at bad pitches.

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    I think there is entirely too much disappoinment.....we have faced the likes of Pedro, Glavine, Clemens, Oswalt and Dunn/Kearns/Casey are hitting at a combined clip of about .220. I think that we put too much blame on Chambliss teaching of Dunn. It was the same teaching that led to 2 homers in the opener, wasn't it? Anytime you learn a new philosophy you will have slumps. So what, slumps are part of this beautiful game of baseball. A 3-3 start isn't all that bad....besides Houston lost again today, so they lead the division with 2 losses. I ask you all, what is the big deal?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast