Thread: Pena hurt, carted off field

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Pena hurt, carted off field

09/28/2005 9:50 PM ET
    Pena hurt, carted off field
    By Anthony Castrovince / MLB.com

MILWAUKEE -- Wily Mo Pena left Wednesday night's game against the Brewers with a hyperextended lower back, an injury sustained when he dove into the center-field wall in the bottom of the fourth inning.

X-rays were negative, and Pena will be re-evaluated on Thursday.

Pena tried to make a diving grab of a line drive hit by Bill Hall in the bottom of the fourth, but he was unable to get a glove on the ball. And as the ball sailed past him, Pena crashed into the wall.

Hall made it all the way around third on the play but was thrown out at home by left fielder Ryan Freel.

Pena, meanwhile, was on the ground for several minutes while the Reds' training staff attended to him. He was then carted off the field.

Pena has been the Reds' regular center fielder since Sept. 4, when Ken Griffey Jr. went down with a foot injury. He's batting .254 with 19 home runs and 51 RBIs this season and had struck out twice in two at-bats before the injury.
    Article Link

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Did anyone see this? I was having fun with my Physics homework so this is the first I heard of it. How bad was it (from the looks of it if you saw it)?

MLB ERA
    I didn't see it since the game wasn't on TV, but it sounded like it hurt him a little bit but not severely. I probably would have been describing it more vividly as it happened in a Game Thread, but I figured there was no sense in making one since no one likes to post in a Game Thread started by me.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I don't think it's anything personal man. Lack of TV games and just general interest in the games by many due to our current situation probably is the reason for it. I know I can say if I could of had the time for the game threads lately I would of... sure beats working and doing homework. I basically have all my classes filled with busy work which I just loathe and put off doing til the last minute. Ugh.

Anyway, it doesn't sound too bad but I get worried when I hear about Wily Mo and injury since he seems to have a lot of nagging injuries from past things.

MLB ERA
    Game threads are good, but I'm not a fan of them when it's just people posting nothing but the play-by-play of the game. It gets sorta boring after a while. What we really need is a good 4 or 5 person game thread for the last game of the season or something like that.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The PBP is nice when effort is put into like CRF does (and not to be boastful, but myself as well if I do say so myself) because I know when I am busy and whatnot, I really appreaciate the ease of looking here versus MLB Gameday. But what is needed at least a few guys and just good discussion to make a game thread great like you mentioned Geki.

What is the last telivised game? If I dont have to work, I will be there for sure.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Geki Ace
    Game threads are good, but I'm not a fan of them when it's just people posting nothing but the play-by-play of the game. It gets sorta boring after a while. What we really need is a good 4 or 5 person game thread for the last game of the season or something like that.
    I won't be here on Sunday. I'll be watching the Bengals game, etc. during the game. As for PBP only... I tried to do more last night(I'm sure you are complaining about me) but there wasn't much discussion being generated for most of the time I was doing the thread so I didn't try too hard to make any.

It's similar to the ATH situation.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    What is the last telivised game? If I dont have to work, I will be there for sure.
    There are two more games on TV: Friday night and Saturday afternoon. That's it.