Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ghettos 'stros vs reds game 2/3 notes

MLB ERA

ghettos 'stros vs reds game 2/3 notes

GAME ONE:
    Wilson looked decent. He shouldn't have stayed in the game after he got that rbi hit. He was throwing over to first cause he was tired.

Kearns needs to find himself, too many chances he gave up with RISP.

Randa was randa.

Dunn was dunn.

Griffey is awesome at #2 hole, i don't care what anyone thinks. he got a lot of hits and worked the count. That pop fly bagwell caught in like the 8th inning was a broken bat hit i was sitting behind home plate when he it it, that was a good catch.

Wagner was awesome until he gave up that hit. His stuff looked great in the 8th, i didn't catch much of the 9th cause i had to run back up to our seats.

That ballpark was made for bagwell and biggio. We could have had a lot more homers there if that fecking hill wasn't there. that is insane.

The houston Skyline at night is no cincy skyline at night.

thats about all i can remember, if you have any more questions ask.

GAME TWO:
    Before you guys rip on milton, he had some stuff there. It was really windy there today and it was blowing straight to right. I know he should have kept those pitches down, but there were a lot of balls that were lost (IE WILY MO) that just had no hope. it was like wrigley

Dunn's triple had to be a HR, i swear i watched the ball from the moment it left the bat, it went INTO the seats and bounce off the seats and back into the field.

Pena's shot was a SHOT, i got a pic of it leaving the bat. pics will be up friday minimum.

I got some pics of griffey, randa, dunn, casey, "americas outfield" and another pic of randas pic on the screen, i'm going to edit that one later

ok well anything else i think that basically covers it.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

MLB ERA
    Thanks for the report ghetto, even though the team was an embarrassment for you.

Minute Maid really is a small park though. When I was at that game a few years ago(it was still Enron then), Graves hit that HR to LF...LOL. That says a lot about the fences.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Rookie ERA
    What did you think of our weather?

What else did you do in my town?

MLB ERA
    weather was overcast and windy, no different from the dallas weather.

We stayed in the hilton down the street, we didn't really get to do much cause we got in about 5:30, went straight down to the game, came back passed out, woke up went to BP did it all again.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedc
    What did you think of our weather?

What else did you do in my town?
    I can't speak for ghetto, but one thing I always like about Houston when I come to visit my relatives there a couple of times a year is the FOOD. You guys have some very good places to eat at there: Eatzi's, Papa Bros. Steaks, Carraba's, Fleming's Steaks, Becks, Pappasito's(Hal's favorite place to eat at in Houston...and one of his favorite road places) and many others.

The weather has usually been pretty warm when I've been there, although there was snow the last time I was there right before Christmas.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

AA ERA
    Excellent info ghetto. I have never been to Texas. Hey CRF, wasnt that the first snow in Houston in like 83 years?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Hey thanks ghetto for the report. I am glad to see that Dunn really had the homer but I am pissed that he didn't get the call. I hope you did have a good time despite our losses ghetto. They were close games and I am still trying to get over it. Thank God for a day off tomorrow. this team needs to get their heads ready for the Cards. welcome back ghetto!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by volzok
    Hey CRF, wasnt that the first snow in Houston in like 83 years?

I think it was the first snow in about 15 years, and the most accumulating snow in at least 25 or 30 years if not more than that.

There was actually a light covering of snow on things there. I was stunned... but not nearly as stunned as the natives were...LOL.

MLB ERA
    thanks guys, it was really a fun trip. my second trip into houston, i went there last year to watch the chiefs and the texans play.

it was a great trip, about a 7/10 over all, i'm kinda disapointed i didn't get to see more of the city though.

it was fun to look out the window and see all the street lights turn green and red though ahahhahaha

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    There was actually a light covering of snow on things there. I was stunned... but not nearly as stunned as the natives were...LOL.
    tell me about it lol

we get even the slightest thing of snow, like half an inch, and the whole state shuts down.

MLB ERA
    oh yeah, i forgot

we goto the park early today just in time to see cincy take BP, i went down to the LF side of the field to listen to wags talk to some people, he had some good stories, most of which i've forgotten about now, i went to right field hoping to catch some dunn hr's. no luck.

it was funny to see graves and merker and webber try and play outfield though...graves got pissed and threw his glove at the ball hahahahhaha

AA ERA
    Thats awesome that you got to see the Reds BP. Thats a good thing seeing them on the road. I hate that the Reds never open the gates early enough for us to see the Reds take BP. Cool ghetto.

MLB ERA
    Sounds like you had a good time ghetto. (:

MLB ERA
    woulda been better to see em win, but i'm happy just seeing them.

pics to follow the end of this week

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by volzok
    Thats awesome that you got to see the Reds BP. Thats a good thing seeing them on the road. I hate that the Reds never open the gates early enough for us to see the Reds take BP. Cool ghetto.

i thought they did open the gates early enough for us to see bp....last summer i went to the padres reds game in cincy and i got there in time to see the padres take bp....even caught a brian giles hr ..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast