Thread: Denorfia called up, Weber DFA

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Denorfia called up, Weber DFA

Per ESPN Transactions List:
    Recalled outfielder Chris Denorfia from Louisville of the International League (AAA); designated pitcher Ben Weber for assignment.

MLB ERA
    Hmm. I really think Weber deserved another shot if he was healthy. Weathers and Mercker didn't start off well either, but they got it together.

AAA ERA
    hey theres another good outfielder that thereds have..i cant wait to see swann in the bigs.

MLB ERA
    I really don't think Denorfia's gonna be anything that special, but there's no harm in having him up. It'll keep us from having to play LaRue in the outfield, at least.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I think it is a good comparison with Denorfia and Brady Clark. They both have the tools and can really hit well. But cannot make a stint into the starting position regularly on this team. Denorfia to be our superutility guy once Freel takes up a starting position at 2B?

i still don't know about freel starting at 2nd, but if we have olmedo as a back up, it's probably the way to go.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    We have so many options right now. But to me, Freel is the best choice of those options for next season. It would be nice to have Freel start, and get Olmedo a start at least once a week. See if he can get something going. Then to have Bergolla still in AAA for one more season. And obviously dumping Aurilia. Thats the way I see it for now.

MLB ERA
    Keep Freel, dump Aurilia. Olmedo can be Freel's backup at 2B.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    I don't want Ray Olmedo to be anything more than a defensive replacement or pinch-runner until he learns how to hit. We can't start a guy who is gonna hit .220 with no walks and no power. Ever. If Jimenez and Freel didn't have this blood feud going on or whatever, I wouldn't mind seeing DJ back. He really started to rip it up in AA as the year progressed, and he's still a pretty talented player, just not at the price we had him at this year. We could also bring back Aurilia. I hate him, but he's still extremely valuable as a utility infielder.