Thread: I have a feeling...

Rookie ERA

I have a feeling...

That the Reds are gonna get real close to the Wildcard real soon.

I mean they're 8.5 games back now. They have 2 more games against Washington, who haven't beat the Reds all year. Then 4 against Pittsburgh.

I think they can win all six of those games and head into Houston on a roll. Don't be surprised if the Reds are 3 games back or so by the end of August.

MLB ERA
    They're gonna make up 5.5 games in a week? Right. The Reds have zero chance at the Wild Card. None. Nada. Zip. Zilch. They have an outside shot at .500 and a good shot to ruin a bunch of team's postseason chances, but they have no postseason chances of their own. The Reds need to turn this season into a respectable one by getting close to .500 and hopefully they'll play spoiler in the process, like they did against the Cubs last year. But they're not gonna get anywhere near the Wild Card.

Sonic stop making Reds fans look like idiots. No chance of a wildcard. We gotta make up 9 games in a month....not gonna happen.

MLB ERA
    There really is no chance of the Wild Card at this point. We could get close enough that we all say: "If only Milton and Ortiz had won just a couple more starts each earlier in the year", but we're not going to win it. If we're lucky, we'll finish around .500 and get within several games of the WC, finishing behind a few teams.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicSpeed19

I mean they're 8.5 games back now. They have 2 more games against Washington, who haven't beat the Reds all year. Then 4 against Pittsburgh.

I think they can win all six of those games and head into Houston on a roll. Don't be surprised if the Reds are 3 games back or so by the end of August.
    Even if they do all of what you say, and sweep the astros that will only make them 3-4 games or so behind the Astros. But if we sweep the Astros that will give the Marlins, and Phillies to take the lead in the wildcard race and the Reds will still be 8-7 games back in the Wild card.

MLB ERA
    Just ignore Sonic. He's blindly optimistic and doesn't listen to logic in any form. He also thinks that Mercker and Weathers are our worst relievers and that Casey is the best defensive 1B in baseball. Let him be disappointed when the Reds don't get anywhere near the Wild Card and then we can all laugh at him.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicSpeed19

I love the optimistic nature but its just not plausible to expect Houston, Florida, NY, Cubs, Milwaukee, Philly (whos in first now for WC), and Washington to be that bad at the same time. We could get it closer but thats just too many teams to pass by the end of the season. Not to mention the fact we are one of the biggest Jeckyll and Hyde teams in baseball right now (win 5 of 6 on a road trip just to lose 3 of 4 to a Bondsless Giants team).
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Rookie ERA
    Geki, I don't think they're our worst relievers. I just think they're old and inconsistent. And I don't think Casey is the best Defensive 1B in baseball. I just think hes in the top 5 in the NL. Quit putting words in my mouth and making sound like an even bigger optomistic idiot than I already am.

MLB ERA
    Well, judging by the "NOOOOOOO NOT WEATHERS" I saw last time he got put in the game (And he's by far our most consistent reliever), I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for.

And to be honest, saying Casey's even that good is stupid. If he has to move for the ball, he's not getting it.