Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Allen angrily denies rumors

Allen angrily denies rumors
    Podsednik's injury ignites latest Griffey-to-Sox talk

By John Fay
    Enquirer staff writer

One too many Ken Griffey Jr.-to-the-Chicago-White-Sox questions pushed John Allen to the edge.

Allen, the Reds' chief operating officer, reacted angrily to continued reports that the team is trying to trade Griffey.

"There's nothing to it!" Allen said. "There's no trade talk going on! There's no trade! I'm not commenting on it. Where do you guys get this stuff? Who promulgates this story is beyond me."

Reports continue to come out of Chicago that the White Sox are trying to swing a deal. A Chicago Sun-Times story Monday reported that the White Sox might be willing to sweeten the pot because Scott Podsednik was forced to go onto the 15-day disabled list.

That same report said Griffey would not have an everyday position with the White Sox, which makes any trade talk ludicrous, because the center fielder would have to approve any deal.

Griffey's agent, Brian Goldberg, made it clear Griffey isn't going to ask to be traded.

"Junior is not clamoring to get out of here," Goldberg said. "If a trade was made, he'd consider it."

Reportedly one was made shortly before the July 31 non-waiver deadline. A report in USA Sports Weekly said the Reds and White Sox had agreed to a deal but it was nixed by Reds chief executive officer Carl Lindner.
    Click here for the rest

MLB ERA
    And the rumors still don't stop for some reason.

The real sources have stated the facts when it comes to this issue over and over again, and the non-trustworthy sources have continued with the fallacious rumors. I just don't get it.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Lately when the FO gets angry and states that there is nothing going on. They have been telling the truth. So, I believe that the Reds are not going to go through with this. I think I would rather see Griffey get traded now vs. having one of any of the 4 outfielders getting dealt in the offseason. if we had to choose one to deal, it should be Griffey. he is the oldest and the most injury prone and the richest. So, if we waited until the offseason, Griffey will not go anywhere. That leaves us with having to trade one of the other three. If it were Kearns or Pena, we wouldn't get what they are worth. And Dunn would be a colosssal mistake to trade.

I don't know what to expect for sure, but this is how it is playing out to me. Thoughts?

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    uhhh, he said there's no trade talk and then said I'm not commenting on it...which is it smart guy? By saying there's no trade talk, you've commented on it

MLB ERA
    I think it was a stream of conciousness type of thing. I don't think he was really thinking about the order in which he was stating things.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.