Thread: Gammons on BBTN

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Gammons on BBTN

I was just watching Baseball Tonight. While web gems was on, EdE was in the top 10 of the week, and Ravech asked if anyone has really seen much of this guy, and Gammons statde that the left side of our infoeld is going to be great for the next few seasons. I agree. Then Gammons said that we have a young talented 2B who is going to be equally as good. Nice to see Bergolla get his props.

Question is, will Bergolla really be better than Freel or Olmedo?

MLB ERA
    Defensively, I think Olmedo could probably win some Gold Gloves. I don't think he'll amount to all that much as a hitter, but with a .340 OBP and his speed, he could be valuable offensively.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    So you think Olmedo is the best choice between the three?

If Griffey gets traded that would most likely move Freel to the outfield and give Olmeda a chance at second. With more playing time he may work out to be a good hitter also. With the young players on the roster and a bright looking pitching staff, albeit the last few games, there may be a bright future for the team in a year or two.

MLB ERA
    I don't think Bergolla will be as good as Freel has been over the last couple of years. I want Freel to stay on the team for the next several years. If Bergolla finally becomes ready to play, I'm not sure where Freel would be at, since there wouldn't be a spot open unless we traded Casey and one of the outfielders(if Dunn moved to 1B and maybe Pena were moved).
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Bergolla and Olmedo are out of the same mold, but I think Ray-Ray's gonna be a little better offensively.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter

Question is, will Bergolla really be better than Freel or Olmedo?

my Grandma is better than freel

im sure ur grandma is a great baseball player(u have her baseball card and her stats looks good) but freel is a little better. he is slumping rite now but his obp his is good at .383

she does need to learn to walk a little better tho

Quote Originally Posted by krawhitham
    my Grandma is better than freel
    Sign her up