Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Random Reds Ramblings

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Reds Random Reds Ramblings

What's up everyone? Hope this thread finds everyone is doing extremely well. Life has been, well life, these past several years that I've been absent. Spending a ton of time working and taking care of my family. The joys of daddy life can't be replaced.
    I could talk about many things in my life and how things have changed over the years, but this is a baseball forum after all and I'm back in my comfort zone in this Cincinnati Reds forum. So, I'm going to do what this spot desires and talk about some Reds while I sit in my truck on this snow ravaged day in North Dakota.

Media:
    First off, I wanna say I love the move that C Trent Rosecrans has made to The Athletic. If you can, much recommended subscription y'all. They got some great content over there for every single sport and nearly every team.
    Another great find recently is Locked On Reds podcast. It's a podcast about these Reds every single day. Really good stuff from James Rapien.
    Doug Gray over at redsminorleagues.com is another great source for as. In depth as you can find on the Reds minor leagues and he even does a podcast on the Reds big club every week as well.

Random Reds Thoughts:
    - Something is going on with Finnegan and it seems like everyone is keeping that quiet. He is behind everyone else and nobody has said anything resembling a commitment to his not being ready for the first week of the season. I suspect he won't be ready though.
    -Other than Finnegan and Siri going down (really hope it's.not terrible as he is a great talent), the Reds health has been pretty great when considering years past.
    -Amir Garrett may very well be the real deal. He's is pitching out if his mind so far this spring. Perhaps with Finnegan unable to go, Garrett may be the right man for the job. I think I'd rather.
    -On the flip side, Stephenson is looking to have control issues again. Really hope he can get it together. It's still early.
    -Is Homer Bailey done guys?
    -My current, but always changing best 5 starters:
    Castillo
    Desclafani
    Garrett
    Mahle
    Romano
    No possible way this will be the rotation however.
    -I'm thinking Peraza had pressure on him with Scooter Gennett playing so well last year and now Senzel being looked at at short. Is he buckling, or just not that good?
    -Really really liking the way Tucker Barnhart looks at the plate this spring. Perhaps the shadow of Medora could can be lifted this season?
    -My thoughts on our best lineup:
    LF Winker
    SS Senzel
    1B Votto
    3B Suarez
    RF Duvall
    CF Schebler
    2B Gennett
    C Mesoraco
    P Castillo
    Not possible for an everyday lineup, but this could be seen when Senzel gets called up. Maybe once.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Random Reds Ramblings

Panic at the Disco

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

On Finnegan, I refer you to the opening post in this thread. Very unsurprising

MLB ERA

Welcome back, and fix your sig
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Thanks Leo. Hooe all is well brother.

MLB ERA

We really need to figure out something to do about the pitching. The shear number of injuries that occur to key pieces YEARLY can't be just coincidence.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

Welcome back man, I hope you stick around!
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

40% of the Rotation is shot with the Oblique on Descal, and Finnegan is hurt (Maybe not long term, yet).....

I want Billy Hamilton in the lineup, batting 9th. Bat Scooter first.

Homer may need to get WARM, he started last season really soft when he came back, but then put together a really strong mid part of HIS year, then lost it again.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Thank you guys for the warm welcome.
    Who replaced Hamilton long term? Revere? Is he any better? Would Ervin be ready yet? Can Trammell play CF?
    Is it okay to have Hamilton in the lineup everyday because of his defensive prowess?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I'm absolutely loving this extension news on Suarez! This is exactly the types of moves we need.

I believe the money looks good enough to allow hope for the Reds to spend money on free agents when they get the pitching figured out. Great extension for a solid player.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Senzel a definite need to hone the talents at SS or 2B now? Perhaps another great thing about the Suarez extension is the money is so low that it makes him even more of a valued trade piece.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Homer Bailey to start Opening Day? Unearned.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Something wrong with Votto? Not worried about the ST numbers so much, but keeping Cruz on this team as a third catcher and a backup 1B may have more to do with Votto than with trying to get Mesoraco in the lineup as a pinch hitter.
    Probably very little chance of any validity to this, but I'm wondering if anyone else has thought about it.

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

I am trying to be excited about this season, there are just too many holes, most notably the pitching staff.

I agree with your homer statement, unearned, but that's how bad this staff is going to be. There's hope for Luis Castillo, Tyler Mahle, and Amir Garrett... But Bailey is the experienced pitcher, those young guys are not ready to be opening day starters, so Bailey gets it because he's the only veteran. Finnegan and DeSclafani still have a lot of ailments to come back from. Robert Stevenson isn't who we thought he'd be, Rookie Davis is hurt, just too many holes.

If you start Hamilton, you get speed and defense, but you can't have him lead off! I'm hoping Winkler moves into the lead off role.

And Why Suarez in the 2 hole? I'd rather see Scooter there... Peraza has a lot of growing to do, and I hope they don't mess up Senzel by moving him to SS.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Extremely good lineup from Price for Opening Day today!

That bench looks extremely strong as well. Best foot has been set forward against Scherzer.

Hoping for the best today, not sure what to expect however. No Iglesias to help at the back end, that may hurt us if our lineup can keep up with whatever Bailey gives up. We've got a chance, just makes it tougher without our closer.

Let's Go Reds!

PS I'm flying to Cincinnati today to be there for tomorrow's game. So my Opening Day viewing will be done from 10,000 some feet. Wifi better be great.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast