Thread: Man, I hate off days...

MLB ERA

Man, I hate off days...

Grrr, so boring. Anyone else see that EdE had the number one Web Gem last night? The kid has some definite potential defensively, and I can see him winning some Gold Gloves with his arm. The one thing I miss that Randa had was the great range in the hole, but that'll come with experience.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Off days after a nice series like we had with the Cubbies is terrible. As silly as it may sound at this point, I am pretty excited to see the Reds play, see if the pitching continues strong and how many bombs can Dunn hit. And considering I have done nothing today but play a little Madden and watch some TV.... I am bored out of my mind. Usually with a day off work at this point I would be looking forward to Real Reds or have the radio on. Ugh.

Anyway, I love our left side of the infield. Both FeLo and Ed E have cannon's, it's going to be exciting to see the kind of throws they'll be making over the years.

MLB ERA
    If Dunn moves to first permanently, I think he could be very good defensively there. He's already great at stretching and scooping, and that's with very little work at 1B. With his size, he could save a lot of errors.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I agree. I really don't even think Dunn gets the credit he deserves in left, sure some of the hate is justified but not to the level that some fans and media give it to him. He's shown some great athleticism out there and like you mentioned, with his size and stretch, he could be pretty great there.

And with Bergolla with a slick glove, we could have a solid infield of the future defensively. It's not ready now but I can see all 4 improving given their athletic ability.

Dunn's a decent OFer, but Ed E's defense leaves plenty to be desired. Remember that 3 error game against the Braves?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Given his age and talent level, I am not concerned. He's a great athlete and will mature over time. Plenty of young guys who go on to become good fielders start off rough.

Pokey Reese had a game with us in which he made 4 errors but not long after that people started praising him for his defense. And a lot of people wanted to kick FeLo out of town for his poor D but in time he has shown that his athletic ability has caught up to his talent on the field. Give Ed E time and he will too I believe.

Sorry if I am wrong, but didn't Reese have 5 errors in a game?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it on Retrosheet. 4 errors on opening day 98. I knew it was an opening day

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Yep. I remember so many people calling for a trade after that performance. Callers were just irate on WLW. Ha.

Well Reese does suck.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Oh no doubt. But I know some guys who are quite knowledgable on the game and were hesistant to trade him in the Griffey deal (which he was rumored in). His stock has just plummeted.

MLB ERA
    I've always disliked Reese as a player and as a person. He can't hit at all and he is a jerk.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Agree on both counts man. He really showed his true colors with some of the comments he made.

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    Well Reese does suck.
    Reeses' hitting sucks, he is a great fielder