Thread: Predict The Line: Billy Hamilton

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Question Predict The Line: Billy Hamilton

Assuming he plays a full season, what do you think the back of Hamilton's card will look like for 2013?

I think most will wager he will rack up steals when on base, but I know his game is still pretty raw. He is a pretty thin kid, but supposedly has a frame he could still grow into for added power. I think he might start the season strong, slump a bit when pitchers figure him out, but pick up again in the back half of the season. I would say I am feeling pretty optimistic about his season at this point.

.270 average
    .315 OBP
    25 doubles
    6 triples
    2 homeruns
    60 for 70 in steals

Predict The Line: Billy Hamilton

His swing is bad.

I'm thinking more like 245/290 BA/OBP

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Predict The Line: Billy Hamilton

There are definitely some holes in his swing & I admit my line is on the optimistic side. Your's is probably closer to what will be reality. I am hoping he can put some weight and strength on so he can turn on a ball a bit better. His 1st to 3rd probability is higher than most, but getting on-base is the first step to that equation.

Unless he has someone that is going to fix his swing, putting on weight isnt going to help much. That is not to say he cant fix his swing, its certainly fixable, and I wish him the best, but its an uphill climb.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'm thinking something like .275-.315-85R-2HR-41 RBI-55 SB if he gets 550 AB or so.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

He's not going to hit well initially. He's not hitting now against guys who will either be re-assigned or bagging groceries in a month. He might have more bunts for hits in the first month than actual base hits. I think come August or September, he'll probably be swinging it a bit better.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that he's demoted at some point for poor performance.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that he's demoted at some point for poor performance.
    I dont think that is going out on a limb to be honest. I believe that is pretty likely at this point.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Ok, so Billy is hitting .313, somehow, during spring training. Were most of those bunts for hits? I just don't see how he can be successful against MLB pitching, especially during the first half of the season. The only encouraging piece is he's walked 4 times against 0 K's and he's stole 6 bases in only 7 games. He's Willie Mays Hayes.
    rf28