Thread: What does Walt do?

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Reds What does Walt do?

With Choo off, I think Walt resigns Arroyo to a two-year deal, extends Bailey, flips Leake for an outfielder, and makes a small FA play. I think he wants to move Phillips, but he holds him at a higher value than the league does.

Thoughts? This team needs bats if they want to compete.

MLB ERA

Re: What does Walt do?

He has to cook

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I say he doesn't resign Arroyo, moves Chapman to the rotation, puts Billy the Kid in CF, keeps Leake, flips Bailey for help anywhere he can find it (because he knows that he can't sign him long term for the money that Bailey will command), and does something unexpected in FA, but not to the level that the fans want.

Honestly his biggest needs right now are to find someone to take over for Ludwick (because we all know he won't stay healthy for a full 162), and a back of the rotation guy.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I am all for Hamilton, but we really need dependable run production. We needed that before Choo left, and we need it even more now. I really think the Reds need two solid bats, even if one of them is a bench bat (like for Ludwick insurance.)

I could see Bailey being moved, but I hope Walt waits for Tanaka to be posted (or not), as I think the Bailey market will be bigger afterwards. Although, I hope, even if unlikely, for Bailey to be extended.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Tanaka won't be available to teams until next season, apparently. That means that a Bailey trade probably won't happen until the deadline if at all.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I heard the Bailey extension talks didn't go well, I would just move him for value now if we could. Outside of 1B, RF, and 2B, I think all other positions are fair game, so trade for talent and not so much position.

Or, what about Nelson Cruz? That would definitely add some punch back to the lineup. Ludwick is just such a shaky proposition right now. If he surprises, do it off the bench.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Nevermind, I forgot about the draft pick we'd lose for Cruz (not to mention the PED suspension.)