Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Narron likes Dunn in the cleanup position

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray
    I'm sorry but the facts don't support what you just wrote. The Cubs have given up 5.5 runs a game at GABP this year which is easily more than their "average".
    # 1: Small Sample Size

# 2: They've faced the Reds and their HR hitters

I'm talking about over the course of a season, against all MLB teams.

Small sample size is a dangerous thing to look to. Many did that with the Nationals this year, even though their Pythagorean Record showed they were very lucky, and as a result they thought the team was better than what they were. They are in the midst of a collapse as we speak now, as they are finally returning to a record more in line with their Pythagorean Record.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

."
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    I am not claiming I am right, just my two cents with it's ever decreasing value.
    I greatly respect what you've written here. We're all just discussing our opinions. What galls me are some folks who don't claim their "opinions". They are so pompous they consider their opinion to be a fact:

the facts show crf, fisher, and i are rite

its a HR/neautral park. its not very good park for hittign doubles and triples.
    There are somethings that we can prove as a fact. Like did Pete Rose hit .300 in 1985. But things like ballparks vary due to the reasons we've been discussing and that's what makes it a lively discussion. There's no stat that proves one way or another to the point of making this a fact. When someone claims that their stats are better than someone else's and that it's a fact, then

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12