Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reds rumors. short and sweet.

AA ERA

Reds rumors. short and sweet.

First one i dont want to see.

Cincinnati Reds Updated:07/29/2005
    Several newspapers that follow the Reds expect Cincinnati catcher Jason LaRue to end up with the Padres before the weekend is over.

we need to keep on to LaRue because he is i think a team leader and has a great arm. But maybe he's the pitching problem... javier is better there.. i just rather see LaRue get signed

St. Louis Cardinals Updated:07/29/2005
    The Cardinals are looking for outfield help in the direction of the Cincinnati Reds, who are expected to part with at least one of four players at the position --Ken Griffey Jr., Wily Mo Pena, Austin Kearns or Adam Dunn, says the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

I Doubt this one will happen either. i dont see anyone that would fit on the Reds team unless its Reyes/Wainwright and maybe Marquis. But def don't trade with the division leaders. only making them stronger.

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/MLB_SC-RUMOR

any other ones? any chance for the Reds to actually make a move before tomorrow? any one with some better insight then me please reply.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Javier sucks. Sorry to bash you guys. The Twins had him last year he was good behid the plate but could not hit. Then at years end he demands a bigger contract, know the Mauer ordeal. Mauer thank god has played alot and the knee is holding up.

I think I would deal javier and keep Jason. Just my thoughts.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Quote Originally Posted by Reds_fan_4_life
    Several newspapers that follow the Reds expect Cincinnati catcher Jason LaRue to end up with the Padres before the weekend is over.

St. Louis Cardinals Updated:07/29/2005
    The Cardinals are looking for outfield help in the direction of the Cincinnati Reds, who are expected to part with at least one of four players at the position --Ken Griffey Jr., Wily Mo Pena, Austin Kearns or Adam Dunn, says the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

I Doubt this one will happen either. i dont see anyone that would fit on the Reds team unless its Reyes/Wainwright and maybe Marquis. But def don't trade with the division leaders. only making them stronger.

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/MLB_SC-RUMOR

any other ones? any chance for the Reds to actually make a move before tomorrow? any one with some better insight then me please reply.
    I don't see a fit with either of these proposed trades. The Padres just acquired a catcher from Pittsburgh.

St Louis doesn't have to do any blockbuster trade. They're the best team in the league as it stands right now.

I think the folks dreaming up these rumors are getting a little punchy.

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    Javier sucks. Sorry to bash you guys. The Twins had him last year he was good behid the plate but could not hit. Then at years end he demands a bigger contract, know the Mauer ordeal. Mauer thank god has played alot and the knee is holding up.

I think I would deal javier and keep Jason. Just my thoughts.
    He may have "sucked" last year but he's done very well this year. In fact I doubt any catching combo in the big leagues has numbers that match LaRue/Valentin's. I'm not prepared to give the starting job to Javier but give him credit he has improved his game from last year

I'd take Mirabelli and Varitek's overall value over LaRue and Valentin's, but that's not why I'm posting.

I have a question for you, the Mets are willing to trade guys like Petit, Milledge, and Heilman for Manny Ramirez. I'm curious, if they came with those two prospect (I'll take out Heilman) for Adam Dunn and one of RPs (say Mercker or Weathers), would you do that deal?
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamDunn#44
    no. they can do better than that.
    ++
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    On the ards needing anoutfielder. Sander has recently broke his leg, so they are in serious need of a corner outfielder soon. They feel like they will have to get someone who is close to the talent that Sanders brought. It would be a last resort for the Cards to have to ask DanO again, because they know what he is asking for, but they may become desperate enough to actually think about it.

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    and Larry Walker had been put on the DL on 3 occassions with a herniated disc in his neck plus he has said he will most likely retire after this year. I still don't see us helping out our own division this much.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    You are right on both accounts. But, if we are overwhelmed with something, whaich is what DanO is waiting on, it may be game on.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    I have a question for you, the Mets are willing to trade guys like Petit, Milledge, and Heilman for Manny Ramirez. I'm curious, if they came with those two prospect (I'll take out Heilman) for Adam Dunn and one of RPs (say Mercker or Weathers), would you do that deal?
    We have outfield depth and outfield spects. I wouldn't even think twice about turning that down, like AD said, we can do better. Just like Manny could get way more if his contract wasn't so unbearable for most teams in baseball.

i don't know if javier valentin is the answer, but jason larue is going to start getting really expensive soon. If they deal him i would hope that they get a real catching prospect in return.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    I'd take Mirabelli and Varitek's overall value over LaRue and Valentin's, but that's not why I'm posting.

Personally I'd just asson not trade Dunn. I'll settle for whatever we can get out of Pena. What will you give us for him?

Why in your offer are you subtracting players when you switch Ramirez for Dunn? Dunn is arguably worth more than Manny because his salary is much less. He is also much younger and could potentially have a much longer career in NY. Remember it wasn't long ago that Boston put Manny on waivers where any team could claim him for "free". The only catch was they'd have to pay the enormous contract Boston signed him to. That tells me he'll be very difficult to move unless Boston eats a good chunk of his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by bipster
    and Larry Walker had been put on the DL on 3 occassions with a herniated disc in his neck plus he has said he will most likely retire after this year. I still don't see us helping out our own division this much.
    No way I want to see Adam Dunn in uniform for another NL Central team. End of discussion

Simply because Ramirez's perceived value as one of the best all-around hitters in baseball over the past half-decade would get him more than Dunn would. Remember, many people perceive Dunn as a player who can only hit HRs and strikeout.

Add to that that Dunn is making 9 million and I didn't give the Reds Cameron, who is making 7 million a year. When it comes down to it, the difference would be 4 million dollars between Dunn and Manny minus Cameron.

That's why.

And as for the waiver thing, that was a good two years ago, and the Mets aren't taking the full blow of Ramirez's contract here. People like to forget that in this deal, the Mets aren't paying an extra 20 million, rather an extra 13 million.

He isn't as difficult to move as I thought. Wilpon signed off on paying for his contract without aid from the Red Sox. Even with giving up Cameron.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast