Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7/29 Reds vs Padres

I liked what I saw from Hudson tonight. His breaking ball was filthy, it was dropping off the table. His fastball was 92-94 all night, he had some bad luck in the third but overall I was pleased. Four walks is still too much, but he's getting a bit sharper with his command, and that's a good sign.

MLB ERA
    Edwin Encarncion Homers, hopefully they threw that ball back so he could get it since it was his first one for his career.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Congrats. to EdE!
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    MVP: Dunn

Great game!
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Nothing like hitting two HRs and I think a double and getting little except backhanded compliments from the fans.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    Nothing like hitting two HRs and I think a double and getting little except backhanded compliments from the fans.
    most under recognized player in the game

MLB ERA
    His OPS is now up to .983, which places him 4th in the NL in OPS(and 5th in all of baseball, behind Lee, Pujols, Cabrera and A-Rod). Those K's are just too much though.

His IsoP is now up to .342(WAY above that key .200 zone) and his SecA is .558.

78.8(RC) and 8.15(RC/27)

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    You guys do realize the difference between .251 and .270 is a handfull of hits, right?

Dunn has been one of the worst "bad ball" hitters over the past few years. His numbers would come down if he tried to swing at more pitches.
    Or, he could make more contact on good pitches, whichever way you want to look at it. As you might be able to tell by my sig, I am a huge AD fan, but I won't go around with blinders on. He has still had a great season, but there is always room for improvement

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    Edwin Encarncion Homers, hopefully they threw that ball back so he could get it since it was his first one for his career.
    The Inning after EdE hit his HR Dunn went out to the fence and talked to the guy who caught the ball andd traded him for a signed ball.

That's why having a pitcher over a DH makes me sad...*runs like the AL Whore he is*
    The NL game is better because it includes more of the "team" whereas the AL version is basically your 9 vs my 9. The NL includes pinch hitters, double switches and the corresponding middle relievers. This includes more bench players and relievers than the AL game. I am also taken by how many players prefer the NL game. I hear over and over again players saying they prefer the NL game. Most guys don't want to DH. Generally speaking the only players I hear that prefer the AL game are old players that can't field anymore (Edgar Martinez) or pitchers who don't want to hit.

No question the AL game does encourage offense but that comes at a cost which takes away a part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Another HR for Dunn, and it was with RISP. He still sucks though, because he Ks too much.
    What you're seeing is Dunn improving like I figured he would. But since he was already in the Hall of Fame with some of you guys before where will you annoint him to now?

Dunn had an awesome game that is a fact. He launched that first HR out of the park quick. He still is young and needs to work more on contact but still great upside on potential to improve keeps him in the spotlight. I do hope that the team doesn't trade him and keeps the young talent together. Just look at the future with Dunn, Kearns, Pena (suspect IMO), Lopez, Freel and Encarnacion. Pretty solid group of youngsters to build on if they get good pitching. Harang and Hudson have shown sparks of ability, along with some relievers. This old fan keeps up hope they will develope and we can see the team at least make a playoff run sometime soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12