Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jacob Cruz says this game deserves a thread. Reds/Dodgers, Round 3.

MLB ERA
    RBI sac fly for Felipe. All thanks to Freel. He's MVP, whether the Reds win this game or not.

MLB ERA
    geez Freel is a freaking stolen base machine (5 tonight alone). Thats why he should be on the field EVERYDAY and why Aurilia should never start. We need some speed in this lineup with the big boopers.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

AA ERA
    woo hoo Reds lead 7-6!!

MLB ERA
    Perez strikes out. Weathers looks very good so far.

MLB ERA
    1-2-3 for Weathers. Freel is unquestionably the MVP of this game.

MLB ERA
    MVP is a no brainer "Runnin'" Ryan Freel.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Great game for Freel, hopefully Narron sees why Freel needs to be in the lineup everyday. I flipped the game off when it was 4-1 then i flipped it back on when Cruz was up and he hit that 2 run shot.

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    Sanchez strikesout the ****ing side. Ugh.
    This is why a strike out is not just another out. Runner on second, no outs, all you need to worry about is making contact which this team failed to do. Thus Casey remains at 2B

Consider this exhibit 909 "why a strike out is not just another out"

Quote Originally Posted by Geki Ace
    RBI sac fly for Felipe. All thanks to Freel. He's MVP, whether the Reds win this game or not.
    He made contact!. three years ago he would have struck out trying to do too much in that situation. Now he's going the other way and is handling the bat much, much better. I'd give MVP to Freel though. Those two should hit 1-2 everyday in this lineup.

I didn't get to see all the game, I was just to tired. But I wish I could have. 5 stolen bases, thats insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray
    This is why a strike out is not just another out. Runner on second, no outs, all you need to worry about is making contact which this team failed to do. Thus Casey remains at 2B

Consider this exhibit 909 "why a strike out is not just another out"
    a popout would have been much better. its been proven over and over by baseball prospectus that an k is another out. it doesnt hurt teams throught a full season.

MLB ERA
    If you make more contact then theres a lot more things that could happen good than bad. Swinging or looking at the K eliminates any chance of something happening. At least by making contact you give yourself a chance to do something.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

bigger risk of double plays.

strikeouts have been proven to be just other outs. the giants dont strikeout a lot and they are having troouble scoring runs. the reds strikeout the most in the majors and are near the top in runs.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamDunn#44
    bigger risk of double plays.

strikeouts have been proven to be just other outs. the giants dont strikeout a lot and they are having troouble scoring runs. the reds strikeout the most in the majors and are near the top in runs.
    Well when you have guys like Adam Dunn, Austin Kearns, and Ken Griffey, Jr that can hit the ball a ton in their sleep I would hope they could, but HR heavy teams dont do well in the playoffs or regular season. Just look at the Cubs, theyve been HR heavy the past couple years and where has that gotten them? Or the Yankees they dont have the guys who do a lot of the small things, and on two occurances they have struggled mightly (they are 3-7 vs Tampa Bay this year), they were lucky no one else in the division was doing any better. Its nice to hit a lot of homers but in the long run teams that do the small things tend to do much better.

Good Pitching will beat Power Hitting.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    Well when you have guys like Adam Dunn, Austin Kearns, and Ken Griffey, Jr that can hit the ball a ton in their sleep I would hope they could, but HR heavy teams dont do well in the playoffs or regular season. Just look at the Cubs, theyve been HR heavy the past couple years and where has that gotten them? Or the Yankees they dont have the guys who do a lot of the small things, and on two occurances they have struggled mightly (they are 3-7 vs Tampa Bay this year), they were lucky no one else in the division was doing any better. Its nice to hit a lot of homers but in the long run teams that do the small things tend to do much better.

Good Pitching will beat Power Hitting.
    2004 boston redsox? they lead the league in ks. the big red machine teams struckout way more than league average

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast