Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Nothing expected to happen

Nothing expected to happen
    Reds probably done dealing, O'Brien indicates

By John Fay
    Enquirer staff writer

LOS ANGELES - A lot of people around baseball look at the Reds as a team ripe for dismantling before the trade deadline.

Sean Casey, Ken Griffey Jr., Adam Dunn and Austin Kearns all have taken a spin on the rumor mill.

But don't be surprised if all are still Reds when the non-waiver trading deadline passes at 4 p.m. Sunday.

"Based on an overall sense of conversations to date, no, I wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens," Reds general manager Dan O'Brien said.

O'Brien said the Reds continue to get inquiries about veterans and their young players.

But he hasn't spoken to Griffey about the possibility of a trade, which is telling, because as a 10-year veteran with five years with the same club, Griffey can reject a trade.

"I haven't had anything to visit with Junior about," O'Brien said.

The plan is still not to trade Dunn, Kearns or Peņa.

"They're part of our core," O'Brien said. "We intended for them to be part of that going forward."

Now, if Florida offered Dontrelle Willis for Dunn, Dunn could start looking for condos on South Beach.

That's not going to happen, but that's the kind of deal the Reds are looking for.

"We'd have to be absolutely overwhelmed to remotely consider the possibility," O'Brien said.
    Click here for the rest

MLB ERA
    Trade

Aurilia

Now

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I like how this feels. He is stating he will keep the core unless he is overwhelmed. This is exactly how everyone of us would handle it right now if we were smart. Then, this article did not add casey as part of that core!!!!!

Could be telling that Casey is the one that DanO would trade first. Sounds good to me! Remember, we still have the offseason.