Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sweep puts reds in first

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Yeah, I wouldn't compare Glavine to Oswalt or Clemens...he's still decent but nowhere near as good as he used to be.

MLB ERA
    I didn't "compare" him to them... I was just making the point that we had already faced and beaten some tough pitchers and will be facing more tough pitchers this weekend.

Take out your anger about the Reds being (3-0) on someone else. It might not last, but I'm going to enjoy it.
    Last edited by CincyRedsFan30; 04-07-2005 at 10:45 PM.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

AA ERA
    I am not criticizing you, I was just making a point about Glavine. Sorry if it came off wrong. I am thrilled. I went both yesterday and today and I couldnt feel better. I feel even better that it didnt rain today. It was nice to finally see the Reds hit Glavine. It is a big hurdle even if he stinks.

On to talking Reds. This road trip is big for the Reds regardless of who is pitching. We obviously have to beat the "top" of the division to have any chance this year and this is the first crack. Now is the time to put the mark on the central division that the Reds are going to contend all year.

MLB ERA
    Yeah, there's no doubt this series and the two-game series against the Cards next week are early, in your face, big games.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

AAA ERA
    well, we may not have beaten Pedro, but we did put up 3 runs on him... before he started to shut us down

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    These games against Houston could solidify our chances for the third place spot in the division. As the experts are predicting Houston to have a third place finish, the Reds can show that they are better than these experts think. I really believe that they did not take a good look at this team before they made their decision. So to stake our claim, that this team is a viable candidate for a playoff run, we have to see the Reds win this series. Pressure? Yep. But I believe!

Now I don't want anyone to think I am gunning for a third place finish. I think this team just has to beat up on one team at a time. Mets down, now who is next? Astros are in our division and are supposed to beat us, so what will this team do about it? They have to continue to play hard and show us all that they can do it. A great start to the season can only push for good things. And right now we have made a good start. Lets push for greatness!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12