Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dunn for Antonio Perez and Edwin Jackson: Worst trade rumor ever.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Dunn for Antonio Perez and Edwin Jackson: Worst trade rumor ever.

Notebook: Infielder Perez could be dealt
    Allison Ann Otto
    11:14 PM PDT on Sunday, July 24, 2005

NEW YORK - Antonio Perez could become lucrative trade bait as the non-waiver trade deadline approaches, and the Cincinnati Reds may be one of the teams interested.

Perez is batting .327 but has been relegated to spot starts due to Oscar Robles' emergence as a hot-hitting third baseman and Jeff Kent's reluctance to move to first. The Dodgers are 10 games under .500, but they trail the Padres by only 5½ games in the National League West with 64 games to go.

The Reds could be interested in Perez and pitcher Edwin Jackson in exchange for Adam Dunn, an outfielder who hit 46 home runs last year.

Jackson, who struggled in brief stints with the Dodgers last year, is 3-3 with a 4.11 ERA since being demoted from Class AAA Las Vegas to Class AA Jacksonville on June 15.

Jackson gave up five earned runs in four innings Friday, but assistant general manager Kim Ng said the 21-year-old is showing signs of righting himself.

"From talking to the guys there, they really feel like he's on the verge of getting back to where he was," Ng said. "He's one of the guys that they are very excited about."
    Article link (registration required)

I don't believe that rumor whatsoever.

It has already been reported by many sources that DanO wants at least 2 MLB players and 2 prospects for Dunn.

That's almost as bad as Adam Dunn for Andruw Jones.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Funny how Antonio Perez's value went up since the Reds traded him for Griffey.

I don't want Dunn traded, and I am glad DanO is staying firm with his demands

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    A definite no no. I agree that this has to be just a rumor because hopefully DanO is sticking to his guns and the teams needs.

I don't know why Bowden traded Perez... The Mariners really wanted Gookie Dawkins or Pokey Reese at the time.

But I guess this was just another time Bowden was at his worst.

MLB ERA
    At the time, Pokey was starting for us and Dawkins was our best prospect. It's understandable that he'd rather get rid of Perez than either of them.

And to be honest, I want nothing to do with Edwin Jackson until I'm sure he's turned it around. I certainly don't trust the Reds organization to do that if we get our hands on him.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't mind Jackson if we could pick him up super cheap. But unless he is just a mere throwin to a Dodgers deal with Dunn, forget it. This rumor is obviously the creation of a disillusioned journalist.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    That's almost as bad as Adam Dunn for Andruw Jones.
    You're right.

Trading Dunn for them would be as bad as trading Dunn for Jones, because we'd be losing both deals.

That said...there is nothing to this rumor.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Well, sorry that you won't get Jesus for Adam Dunn. He's not that good, you know. Not top 20, like you say.

MLB ERA
    OPS says hi. You know, the stat. that translates to how good a player is offensively?
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Batting average is knocking on the door, as is HRs.

MLB ERA
    They might be knocking, but no one is answering. Batting average doesn't translate to Runs Scored. It counts all hits the same, when in reality they aren't.

MLB ERA
    If you don't want to use OPS, feel free to use something more advanced like RC27.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast