Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Reds go for the sweep! Game 3

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    3-0... wow!!

BTW, NFLman, Weathers has obviously been awful thus far, but we at least have to give him a chance. He wasn't AWFUL in a relief role over the last few years.

And I wouldn't say Valentine sucks. Obviously he needs to have good control if he wants a role on the team, but he throws hard and can make hitters look bad when he's on. I'm not ready to give up on him either.
    i am basing off what i see, and what i have seen, I am more apt to think that weathers got more lucky the last couple years as opposed to that guy i saw in a reds uni last time and this time, If i were in charge(which i am not) i wouldn't have signed him, and i wouldn't give him a chance

Valentine the same thing I have seen him pitch, so him not pitching well doesn't suprise me, but i would be more apt to give him a chance due to his age, in baseball you can't look at last year alone, you have to look at last year, this year and the future, and that is the one thing Valentine does have that weathers doesnt is a future, I also felt the same way about Todd Jones last year, everyone on the board liked him except for me, because he has no future, on Weathers best day he is not Todd Jones

AA ERA
    Another good game to be at. Harang looked pretty sharp until that last inning. Wagner also looked sharp. Too me it looks like Weathers is thinking about it too much. He needs to relax. But anyway, its really good to see them start out this well. Have to love that we scored 6 runs on 3 hits. Really took advantage of Ishii when he didnt hit his spots.

MLB ERA
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

MLB ERA
    Nice ghetto...LOL
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Great pic ghetto! Today's MVP goes to Harang. Great starting pitching and I can only hope he can continue having good games like this.

I also liked the way the team took advantage on getting on base the best way possible. Earning walks and and great pitching from Harang won the game for us.

As for the Weathers and Valentine thought goes. I would definitely give Weathers a little more time, maybe see if Gullett could work something out for him. But I am not impressed to say the least about him so far. Valentine is not throwing at 97 yet as it is still early in the season. But once he gets there, I would hope that he could fine tune his control by then. At which point we could have a dominant reliever. Also, it is my opinion that Valentine is only on the active roster due to injury. Once hancock and Hudson come back, Valentine may be the first to be sent down. That way he could work on his control for a while.

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    Best part of the game today was getting a win with Casey, Kearns, Dunn, and Randa combining to go 0-13. This is a very positive sign. Also liked to see the fact that Freel had a decent game even with his recent troubles.

3 down 159 to go

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234