Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds go for the sweep! Game 3

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    There it is DJ still hitting. Two run rbi double!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Freel RBI basehit to make it 6-0! Man we are scoring runs this year.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Valentine in. Lets see what he can do

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    There goes the shutout. LaRue gets a passed ball and a run scores for the Mets. Reds up 6-1

AAA ERA
    how in the world did Valentine make the 25 man roster, He never impressed me last year, Marty was talking about what do you do when Hancock and Hudson come off the DL, I think its easy you send Valentine down not Belisle

Lopez is getting to balls Aurilia couldn't dream of getting to...but he still hasn't fixed that throwing problem.

It looks like Dunn's high K season last year will hurt him this year. The last 2 games the umps have called anything witin 6-8 inches off the plate a strike on him.

Nice pitching from Harang!

3 outs from the sweep!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Dunn strikes out again. I just saw Claussen in the bullpen. Whats that about? Isnt he supposed to start in a couple of days?

Funny, the Reds were trying to get Dunn to cut down on K's...now has is striking out even more.

MLB ERA
    Let's not get too excited about Dunn's K's yet. I think he'll be OK... and I think Casey will be ok... even though he hasn't hit well so far.

Valentine was not actually charged with a run during that last inning, BTW. I wouldn't dump him yet.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Valentine wasn't horrible. Casey is hitting hard, but the ball isn't falling in yet.

MLB ERA
    That happened to Casey a couple of times last year too. Things finally went right for him then, and I think they will this year too.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    SWEEP! Baby great game.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Let's not get too excited about Dunn's K's yet. I think he'll be OK... and I think Casey will be ok... even though he hasn't hit well so far.

Valentine was not actually charged with a run during that last inning, BTW. I wouldn't dump him yet.
    ok, then dump dave weathers... Trust me Joe Valentine sucks, he sucked last year he will suck this year, just watch, just as when people questioned why i didn't like the Weathers acquisition, all i have to say is look at today and opening day, i have never liekd David Weathers when we had him before, when he left and now we have him back, I just plain think he sucks, he is very unimpressive to me, and it continues

Valentine looked worse last year than david weathers does this year.. but at least he is younger

anyway, i am too happy to argue as the Reds have just got their first sweep of an opening series since 1990

MLB ERA
    3-0... wow!!

BTW, NFLman, Weathers has obviously been awful thus far, but we at least have to give him a chance. He wasn't AWFUL in a relief role over the last few years.

And I wouldn't say Valentine sucks. Obviously he needs to have good control if he wants a role on the team, but he throws hard and can make hitters look bad when he's on. I'm not ready to give up on him either.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast