Thread: Astros V Reds

Rookie ERA

Astros V Reds

I am looking forward to the upcoming games this weekend.

Look out for my boys Luke Scott and Willy Taveras. Luke is ready to pounce on someone this year.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    That's two outfielders that I have never heard of. Well good luck Tedc because you are gonna need it. Looks like we face Clemens in game 1.

MLB ERA
    If we play today(which is looking more and more likely), Ortiz will make his first start against Clemens tomorrow.

Saturday: Wilson vs. Backe
    Sunday: Milton vs. Oswalt
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    should be an exciting series. man I hate their rotation, it is scary looking. But we have the bats to match it so.... we'll see.

MLB ERA
    I hope we hit Clemens like we did last year.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedc
    I am looking forward to the upcoming games this weekend.

Look out for my boys Luke Scott and Willy Taveras. Luke is ready to pounce on someone this year.
    Am I imagining things, or did Willy Taveras use to be in our organization a few years ago. I was thinking he got traded to Anaheim in a not too big of a deal. I know Houston got him from Cleveland, but I was just wondering.

MLB ERA
    i'll be there Ted, w00000t
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

AAA ERA
    houston is hurting now because of the lose of berkmen, kent, and def. beltran....i think well own them this series.

MLB ERA
    I hope you bring us good luck ghetto.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by bipster
    Am I imagining things, or did Willy Taveras use to be in our organization a few years ago. I was thinking he got traded to Anaheim in a not too big of a deal. I know Houston got him from Cleveland, but I was just wondering.
    Made his Major League debut and appeared in 10 games for Houston...went 0x1 with two runs scored, one sacrifice hit, one strikeout, and one stolen base...scored the game-winning run on Sept. 24 at Milwaukee as a pinch-runner...notched first Major League stolen base on Sept. 12 at Pittsburgh...made his Major League debut after his contract purchased from Double A Round Rock on Sept. 6...struck out in his first big league at-bat that day...named the Texas League batting champ in 2004, leading the league with a .335 average...also led the league in steals (55), and ranked third in on-base percentage (.402)...has 257 steals in 516 career minor league games...named a Texas League regular season and post-season All-Star...also selected as a TOPPS Double A All-Star...played for the World Team in the 2004 MLB All-Star Futures Game at Minute Maid Park in Houston...posted two double-digit hitting streaks: a 14-game streak from April 23-May 11 (.415, 27x65), and a (.333, 13x54)...selected as Round Rock's offensive player of the month for April, batting .367 with a home run, 14 RBI, 20 runs scored and 11 stolen bases...acquired from Cleveland along with OF Luke Scott in exchange for LHP Jeriome Robertson on March 31...originally selected from the Indians in the 2003 Rule V Draft.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    looks like some good young talent Tedc. But come on now, do the Astros really have a chance? J/K. I cannot wait for this game tonight.