Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fire dusty!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Trendy Bastard View Post
    It wasn't all his fault. But he would let those two throw an insane amount of pitches every outing. Especially Prior. Another thing that bothered me is he had his favorites. Neifi fucking Perez was in the lineup like every game.He really is a piss poor manager that got lucky with study rosters.
    Fuck Prior and his cocky USC pretty boy ass, his own bad karma got to him, and honestly if Dusty did leave him out there, than I give him props for that, shows you how much of a pussy Prior really was.

MLB ERA

Re: Fire dusty!

Quote Originally Posted by zodious View Post
    Reds have 2 days off in the next 6 days.

Dusty has given Joey Votto the night off.

Votto has 11 hits in his last 22 ABs.

He's replacing him with mike costanso who is 1 for 15 on the year...

He's also batting him 7th and batting .300+ avg hanigan 8th... Because apparently the catcher must always bat 8th..

Can we get rid of Dusty yet?
    I actually agree with him batting Hanigan 8th... most of the time. Hanigan is what he is, a catcher who isn't a complete stiff with the bat. He has a great eye and helps turn the lineup over more often as pitchers aren't worried about him because the pitcher bats or some other light hitting shmuck behind him. He doesn't have the power to really merit being much higher IMO and I would be afraid moving him anywhere else would be exposing the shortfalls in his game. He's great where he is (especially when Leake is pitching) and dont mess with it IMO.

This team needs a legitimate middle of the order bat somehow, someway so that Phillips can return to the leadoff spot. I really like Stubbs in the 2 hole and I think he's comfortable there.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFanatic View Post
    Fuck Prior and his cocky USC pretty boy ass, his own bad karma got to him, and honestly if Dusty did leave him out there, than I give him props for that, shows you how much of a pussy Prior really was.
    You mad bro?
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Please don't give me an excuse to hate Giants fans. I actually have respect for that franchise.
    You should respect them. It only took them 56 years to finally win a championship, after all.

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    You should respect them. It only took them 56 years to finally win a championship, after all.
    Damn you Mofo. Getting that before my edit. (and your damn cheap shot)

I'll correct myself, I respect LTR. He's the only Giants fan I've met that I actually do respect.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

(and your damn cheap shot)
    Looks like somebody didn't get the sarcasm.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Damn you Mofo. Getting that before my edit. (and your damn cheap shot)

I'll correct myself, I respect LTR. He's the only Giants fan I've met that I actually do respect.
    Gracias amigo. The respect is mutual!

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    Looks like somebody didn't get the sarcasm.
    My bad, I thought the "only 56 years" was a shot at both of us.

You know us Cubs fans are sensitive.

MLB ERA

You mad bro?
    No, just irritated with the "Fire Dusty" crap, it only took the Reds 15 years to win a division, but that must have been Dusty's fault too, since he did manage the Cubs.

Rookie ERA

No, just irritated with the "Fire Dusty" crap, it only took the Reds 15 years to win a division, but that must have been Dusty's fault too, since he did manage the Cubs.
    So, what's your deal with Prior? If you read any of the posts before, I didn't put all the blame on Dusty for the injuries. But it doesn't take away from the fact that he's a terrible manager that has gotten lucky with good rosters. Look at every playoff team he has had the opportunity to manage. You could throw out Trendy Bastard and he'd still be able to pull that shit off.

All you came off as is some kind of psycho jackass.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

My bad, I thought the "only 56 years" was a shot at both of us.
    Actually, it was. It's just the Cubs are the vehicle of sarcasm in the potshot at the Giants.

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

The thing is the reds finally have the talent to win the division, possibly more. Dusty makes way too many mind numbing moves that keep actual fans head spinning. His "ride the cold bat till it gets warm" philosophy is getting tired as he leaves the hot bat on the bench.

Speaking of bench, the reds don't have one. Wilson Valdez can't hit, Cairo has played past his prime, Costanso is now 1-17 this season. Ludwick has shown signs of bein comfortable and Heisey is the best LF & DH we have. Dusty is notorious for not giving them pinch hits. Valdez and Cairo get most the pinch hit at bats. It drives the fans mad.

Yes the reds are winning. In spite of dusty's managing, But how many more games can the reds win without him....

MLB ERA

So, what's your deal with Prior? If you read any of the posts before, I didn't put all the blame on Dusty for the injuries. But it doesn't take away from the fact that he's a terrible manager that has gotten lucky with good rosters. Look at every playoff team he has had the opportunity to manage. You could throw out Trendy Bastard and he'd still be able to pull that shit off.

All you came off as is some kind of psycho jackass.
    Because of his cocky attitude coming out of USC wanting millions than what the MLB minimum, and the fact that the Cubs sucked up to his demands.

So in other Phil Jackson is overrated, after all he did have HOF players all around his rosters when he coached.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by zodious View Post
    The thing is the reds finally have the talent to win the division, possibly more. Dusty makes way too many mind numbing moves that keep actual fans head spinning. His "ride the cold bat till it gets warm" philosophy is getting tired as he leaves the hot bat on the bench.

Speaking of bench, the reds don't have one. Wilson Valdez can't hit, Cairo has played past his prime, Costanso is now 1-17 this season. Ludwick has shown signs of bein comfortable and Heisey is the best LF & DH we have. Dusty is notorious for not giving them pinch hits. Valdez and Cairo get most the pinch hit at bats. It drives the fans mad.

Yes the reds are winning. In spite of dusty's managing, But how many more games can the reds win without him....
    And my problem is that you are nit-picking his every single move, you expect him to be perfect.

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

And my problem is that you are nit-picking his every single move, you expect him to be perfect.
    Because he makes such mind boggling moves that make it seem like hrs trying to lose the game. Every "let's try this" move by him fails because it's terrible. I am not a huge baseball efficianato but even I know what you should do in certain situations. Especially in the national league where the pitcher is almost an automatic out, and a small market club that can't score a run when the ball doesn't go over the fence. You have to play smart. And he's just been a moron.

Obviously to an outsider it seems like nit-picking, but he does it daily and it just blows your mind.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast