Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new dunn rumor

new dunn rumor

Minneapolis Star Tribune:

"Instead of adding a starting pitcher, the Orioles could look to bolster their already potent offense. One club official said they asked the Cincinnati Reds about slugger Adam Dunn, but the Reds told them their asking price started with Bedard."

I love bedard, he's just what the reds need and might be worth Dunn, but i can't imagine the orioles doing this. I don't think scoring runs is their problem. Not that most teams wouldn't like Dunn, but i think this one is just hot air.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

MLB ERA
    They'd have to give up a lot more than Bedard to make me even think about it.

again, i don't think that the orioles would feel the same way, bedard projects to be a huge starter for the forseable future. I could see the reds offering Dunn and Randa for Bedard and Julio but i don't think that the O's need that many bats.
    Reds MVP Race

MLB ERA
    The O's already have Mora. Bedard isn't an ace-quality starter, and I don't think he ever will be one. Probably a good two or three guy in the rotation, but he's not worth Dunn.

not an ace? have you seen him pitch? everything he has is nasty nasty nasty. He's got an era of 1.80 for pete's sake. he's the orioles ace of the future without a doubt.
    Reds MVP Race

I heard a rumor from a friend. The guy said he got his info from a guy in the Reds organization. And the guy told him about the Randa signing, and the Milton signing before they happened.

Reds Get:
    Rich Hill
    Corey Patterson
    Mitre

Cubs Get:
    Dunn

MLB ERA
    COREY PATTERSON!?

WHY WOULD THE REDS WANT COREY PATTERSON?

Seriously, his plate discipline compares to that of Wily Mo, only he doesn't have near the power. He can't hit for contact, and he won't be playing CF with the Reds. He brings solid defense and speed, but Rich Hill lacks control and Mitre's nothing special. Why is this organization intent on giving up Dunn for nothing?

As for Bedard, I just don't think he's going to be an ace. He's playing above his ceiling this year and he really hasn't shown this in the past. I'd like to have him, but not in a straight-up deal for Dunn.

MLB ERA
    Dunn isn't going anywhere. I'm 99 percent sure of that.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    That Cubs rumor is just plain terrible. I would cry if that happened. We get their junk (Patterson), an old minor leaguer with although good stuff he has shaky control (I would view Hill a lot different if he was 22) and Mitre is basically a nothing in my book.

Bedard is a lefty who has nasty stuff like Wally mentioned and definite ace potential. Would I rather keep Dunn? You betcha. But this is about the best I saw in regards to a Dunn trade. Like CRF though, I believe he will remain a Red. Dan O is gun shy right now and unless he gets the moon, he won't be making a blockbuster involving players that could rise in talent and have the deal blow up in his face.

MLB ERA
    I certainly am not expecting Dunn/Kearns to be traded unless O'Brien gets a surprise last minute deal. Pena I'd watch though. I know you'd be upset unless we get a great return mission, but there are still several reasons that make me feel he could be traded(and is certainly the most likely outfielder to be traded).
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I agree with you that Pena seems the most likely to go just based on what Dan O has said. I think he will be trying to deal Casey and Griffey, but if that fails, Pena would be next in line.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    I agree with you that Pena seems the most likely to go just based on what Dan O has said. I think he will be trying to deal Casey and Griffey, but if that fails, Pena would be next in line.
    Yeah, and I do think anything involving Griffey will end up falling through. Casey... ehh...maybe.

Trading Casey should really be at the top of his list though, since if he is gone, Dunn can play 1B, and then we can keep WMP too.

The next 10 days will be very interesting for sure. This could be a defining time for the franchise. PLEASE don't screw up O'Brien!

MLB ERA
    If someone has to go, I'd prefer it be Wily Mo. We need to keep Dunn and Kearns around, and while Wily Mo would be nice, he isn't a need. By the time Griffey's contract runs out after 2008, Bruce, Szymanski, or some currently unknown prospect will likely be more than ready to take over. We need to sign Dunn and Kearns to long term deals right now. Dunn will cost us a very tidy sum, but he'll be well worth it. He's got nowhere to go but up. Meanwhile, we could probably sign Kearns to a long-term deal for relatively cheap, and that could pay huge dividends. Wily Mo isn't going to develop an eye and he'll never be the fielder that Kearns is right now. He brings power, but we already have power, and it's a lot more consistent than Wily Mo. And he can't hit righties, which we play the majority of the time, and I don't want to have him hurting us half the time or platooning.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I love Casey but if we can trade him, it would be nothing but good. Even if we covered a good chunk of salary, we would still free up several millions for Dunn. And if we move Dunn to 1B, we can move Jr. to LF (with Kearns in CF, who would hopefully be back in top shape next season.) It would be win win.

MLB ERA
    I'm going to post a few more rumors/notes from other areas in a minute here(since I'm not sure everyone here has seen them)...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast