Thread: Kearns recalled, Machado and Kelly gone.

MLB ERA

Kearns recalled, Machado and Kelly gone.

No link yet, but that's what I'm hearing on the radio. Kelly claimed by the Nats, Machado by the Rockies.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I bet Kearns has been recalled to give him a chance to showcase in majors before they trade him, what do you guys think about that?

MLB ERA
    I'd prefer keeping Kearns around if he can hit in the majors now that he's back up. He murderized the minor league pitching, and if he does well, he could start against every righty we face.

i don't think kearns is going anywhere, but i do think his recall might signal that a deal is close for someone else. It doesn't make sense to put kearns on the bench now. But knowing this team who knows. I have no idea why they called Kelly up just to loose him, what sense does that make? They could have brought kearns up when they outrighted romano, and kept kelly in the minors. Just weird and dumb.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

AA ERA
    yea i think you'll see a rebirth of the Austin Kearns of rookie year. I believe he might have his love for the game back and well his swing too. It would be a sad day if they trade Kearns or Dunn i think those two should be untouchables but i am looking forward to seeing kearns back in the lineup.. think he'll play tonight off the bench? and maybe start tomorrows series finale with the cubs? maybe i'll get tickets to tomorrows game so i can cheer him on.

AA ERA
    Cincinnati Reds: Outfielder Austin Kearns was called up from Triple-A Louisville, and utility player Ryan Freel was activated off the disabled list Wednesday, bringing the Reds back to full strength.

The Reds also lost two players who were claimed off waivers -- infielder Anderson Machado to Colorado and outfielder Kenny Kelly to Washington.

Kearns was optioned to Louisville on June 12, when he was overweight and hitting .224. He lost weight and hit .342 with seven homers and 21 RBI in 28 games at Louisville. He was expected to arrive during the Reds' night game against the Chicago Cubs.

Freel went on the disabled list June 25 with swelling under a toe on his left foot. He played five games on a medical rehabilitation at Double-A Chattanooga, and was back in the lineup Wednesday at second base.

Freel is hitting .287 for the Reds and leads the team with 21 steals. No one else has more than seven.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2112353

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    Ditto what Wally Mo said. That whole Kenny Kelly ordeal is just absolutely stupid

MLB ERA
    I don't get just dumping Kelly, but I don't mind Machado being gone. Good for Kearns. I expect him to return to form soon.

I'm feeling our first trade though soon. I'm 99 percent sure neither Kearns/Dunn will be involved, as I've been stating for a while now.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

I am so happy to see Machado gone.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I agree on Kelly and Machado. Why just dump this guy? he should have never been recalled. We could have at least used him in a trade to spice it up for better returns. something is just not right with this GM.

They really screwed up the Kenny Kelly deal but one detail I think you're missing is that Kelly was in the minors on a rehab deal so they couldn't leave him there indefinitely. When a guy is put on the 40 man roster like Kelly was in May or June, you can bring him up anytime you like but the catch is you can't send him down w/o clearing waivers. So the only reason he was in AAA in July was because of the rehab thing.