Thread: A wish list

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

A wish list

Dodgers, Yankees, Braves, Astros.

What is this list? It is Griffey's wish list. Just reported on Sportscenter. ken Rosenthal still expressed that he would be very tough to move, but he has made himself wanted of late. But the teams on his list have not expressed any interest in acquiring him yet.

This could be a huge break for us. I believe that all of these teams are looking for an OF and Griffey is one of the best again. If we can deal him, we wouldn't have to worry about trying to trade Casey. Casey would be my first choice still, but if we cannot do it, go with junior. Then we still have the answer for our three young outfielders and we rid ourselves of all or some of Griffey's contarct. Plus we should get a pretty good return for him as well. What do you guys think?

AA ERA
    i say we keep Jr. yes he might be getting older.. but he's been the most productive and consistent OF'er/Player that the Reds have had this year. If we trade him i dont even think we'll get much for him. and we know the yankees dont have much to trade in the farm except Wang thats really it.
    So i say we keep Jr. He is really turning it around like i knew he would this year.
    OF:Pena/ JR/Kearns.. trade casey.. dunn at 1B. there is the solution world!

Well, you have to be glad that Griffey looked at teams that may contend in a year or two or now that need an OF. I wondered for a second why the Sox weren't on there but the Dodgers were, but then I remembered the Sox were stacked out there so Griffey wouldn't want to go there.

I think the Reds should trade Griffey or Casey depending who they can get more for. Both make a lot, don't produce to their money, but are still useful. Find the team that will give you the most for either one and do it. You want to give WMP/Kearns/Dunn a chance to play daily.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Reds_fan_4_life
    i say we keep Jr. yes he might be getting older.. but he's been the most productive and consistent OF'er/Player that the Reds have had this year. If we trade him i dont even think we'll get much for him. and we know the yankees dont have much to trade in the farm except Wang thats really it.
    So i say we keep Jr. He is really turning it around like i knew he would this year.
    OF:Pena/ JR/Kearns.. trade casey.. dunn at 1B. there is the solution world!
    Actually, Dunn has been the most productive and consistent outfielder we have this year.

I would trade Jr. for the right offer, but I highly doubt he'll go anywhere at the deadline.

I continue to feel if any of the outfielders move that it will end up being Pena.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

AA ERA
    yes maybe dunn has been productive striking out more. but really Griffey has stepped up hitting and is hitting HRs again. thats why i say he has been the most productive in the OF. If i were the Reds i'd go to every team and give them a list of untouchables : JR/Felo/Kearns/Dunn/WMP/Bailey/EdE thats all and trade thats the only way .. but thats just me.

MLB ERA
    Since strikeouts don't correlate to Runs Scored though, the above doesn't matter. Actually many of the highest scoring teams K a lot.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    May the baseball gods help the Dodgers faithful if Junior ever gets traded to LA.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Actually, Dunn has been the most productive and consistent outfielder we have this year.

I would trade Jr. for the right offer, but I highly doubt he'll go anywhere at the deadline.

I continue to feel if any of the outfielders move that it will end up being Pena.
    What is your definition of productive? I don't think Dunn has been the most productive, but depending on how you define that term he might be. He is certainly not the most consistent though, Griffey has been steady and solid since may, Dunn has been all over the place.

Dunn had an OPS under .900 in may and June and in June it was only .850. He's over .900 again in July, but barely, and his season stats are still riding May when he had an OPS over 1.100. Since then he's been above average but not great, and not very consistent.

Griffey on the other hand had a bad April, but then had a higher OPS in May, and June (both over .900) and continues to get better. His OPS in July is now over 1.200. More consistent, getting better, and i would say more productive.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

In my opinion Griffey has been more productive than Dunn and I think Dunn would agree with me. He knows he's been scuffling the past month or so.

MLB ERA
    Let's see...

The Yankees have nothing to give to us, though they might take almost all of the salary. Still, I despise salary dump trades, and Dan O probably won't make a deal to get rid of Griffey without getting some real value back. No sense in alienating more fans.

The Braves are in the race, but they already have a CF named Andruw Jones, and they probably wouldn't take more than half of Junior's salary. They've got plenty of prospects to give, so if Griffey was willing to move to right and we were willing to eat some contract, we could get some good value. I still don't see this happening.

The Astros may have the prospects, but they haven't seemed very willing to part with them. Not sure whether or not they'd take a lot of the salary, and if they finish this month out poorly, you can rule them out anyways.

The Dodgers have the prospects and have the payroll room, but they're 11 games under .500. They're going to have a healthy Bradley and Drew back next year, so I doubt they'll make a move to grab Junior and still give us fair value back.

All in all, the likelihood of Griffey getting traded to any of these teams is very small. I'd say the Braves or Yankees are the most likely because they're in the race and have the need, but the Yankees don't have the prospects and the Braves don't have the payroll. Either way, Dan O will probably take it right up the butt if he tries to trade with either team.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally Mo Pena
    What is your definition of productive? I don't think Dunn has been the most productive, but depending on how you define that term he might be. He is certainly not the most consistent though, Griffey has been steady and solid since may, Dunn has been all over the place.

Dunn had an OPS under .900 in may and June and in June it was only .850. He's over .900 again in July, but barely, and his season stats are still riding May when he had an OPS over 1.100. Since then he's been above average but not great, and not very consistent.

Griffey on the other hand had a bad April, but then had a higher OPS in May, and June (both over .900) and continues to get better. His OPS in July is now over 1.200. More consistent, getting better, and i would say more productive.
    Dunn has the best OPS. He's been the most productive IMO, since OPS correlates to Runs Scored the best. Just a fact.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Geki Ace
    Let's see...

The Yankees have nothing to give to us, though they might take almost all of the salary. Still, I despise salary dump trades, and Dan O probably won't make a deal to get rid of Griffey without getting some real value back. No sense in alienating more fans.

The Braves are in the race, but they already have a CF named Andruw Jones, and they probably wouldn't take more than half of Junior's salary. They've got plenty of prospects to give, so if Griffey was willing to move to right and we were willing to eat some contract, we could get some good value. I still don't see this happening.

The Astros may have the prospects, but they haven't seemed very willing to part with them. Not sure whether or not they'd take a lot of the salary, and if they finish this month out poorly, you can rule them out anyways.

The Dodgers have the prospects and have the payroll room, but they're 11 games under .500. They're going to have a healthy Bradley and Drew back next year, so I doubt they'll make a move to grab Junior and still give us fair value back.

All in all, the likelihood of Griffey getting traded to any of these teams is very small. I'd say the Braves or Yankees are the most likely because they're in the race and have the need, but the Yankees don't have the prospects and the Braves don't have the payroll. Either way, Dan O will probably take it right up the butt if he tries to trade with either team.

Well done! After reading this very nice post, I have to agree with him. Griffey may be going nowhere.