Thread: Pitchers looking a lot better?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Pitchers looking a lot better?

Since Ruhle has come in as pitching coach, we have to agree that the velocity is coming back, milton has been revived in sorts, and the staff looks quite a bit better. Although there is still a long way to go, should we be confident in what we have right now?

Some pitchers could leave tomorrow and I would be happy. But others seem to have a nice future ahead of them. there are several of them that I wouldn't mind seeing again next season.

My list to leave asap:
    Ortiz
    Weber

My list of possible solutions:
    Milton- has pitched pretty well since Ruhle has taken the reigns.
    Wilson- may have a comeback after surgery. (although some doubt me.)
    Weathers- could have some value in a trade, but is solid most of the time.
    Hudson- Still not sure what he can do anymore.

My list of pichers who should stay:
    Harang
    Claussen
    Mercker
    Belisle
    Coffey
    Wagner- is now injured, may be the reason he has fallen off. http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=cin

I was also listening to last night's broadcast and they were comparing Coors Field to GABP again. Is it possible that these pitchers run up their ERAs in the same fashion as Rockies pitchers, because they are that similar of ballparks? People are saying that a winner cannot be built in Colorado. Could this hold truth to the Reds in their new ballpark?

Very strange things happened in baseball, so even though my mind knows the Reds won't do anything playoff-wise this year, my heart says that if the pitching can continue to get better or at least keep the team in games, then this team could actually make a run for the wildcard. Because of the offense, with better pitching, this team is the second best in the NL Central behind the Cards.

MLB ERA
    Well, any team would be good with good pitching and a good offense, so that pretty much goes without saying.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.