Thread: Trade ideer

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Reds Trade ideer

This is thrown out by espn insider, I don't know if there's even a rumor. But Alonso seems like a perfect piece to throw out to get something at SS or in the rotation.
    Cincinnati Reds trade Yonder Alonso to the Baltimore Orioles for J.J. Hardy

In case you haven't noticed, the Reds have a serious problem at shortstop. Paul Janish and Edgar Renteria have gotten the bulk of the at-bats there, and both have an OPS below .580. As Dave Cameron pointed out recently, J.J. Hardy has been putting together an excellent season, and although the O's have hinted they want to re-sign him, they should be focusing on getting younger. Enter Alonso.

He's a first baseman by trade, but he's blocked in Cincy by Joey Votto. The Reds have had the 24-year-old Alonso playing some left field for Triple-A Louisville, but that's the baseball equivalent of jamming a square peg in a round hole. The O's don't have a long-term solution at first, and Alonso, who's hitting .298/.372/.490, would fit perfectly there.
    The Reds are a win-now team and have outscored opponents by 29 runs despite being two games under .500. The NL Central is wide open, and Hardy could help put them over the top. And even they don't re-sign Hardy, they have Zack Cozart ready to take over next year. Cozart is about to turn 26 years old and won't be a star, but he could be a decent regular for a couple of years.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Trade ideer

I don't like it, in a small sample size Cozart did just as well as hardy could. Yes Cozart is not going to be a star but neither is Hardy. Alonzo has the tools to be a star. He's been playing LF because the reds do have votto. He'll be in LF in September.

Don't make this deal Cincy.

MLB ERA

Hardy is also a free agent to be having a good year at a position thats highly sought.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I'd do this in a heart beat if I were the Reds. Alonso is being blocked and I really don't think his power will translate to the MLB level and Hardy is a proven SS who could bring back draft picks if he signs elsewhere this offseason. It could be a change for a 3 for 1 trade for the Reds. If I were the O's, I would ask for a little more.