Thread: Randa expects to be gone; Casey hopes Dunn won’t be dealt

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Randa expects to be gone; Casey hopes Dunn won’t be dealt

Randa expects to be gone; Casey hopes Dunn won’t be dealt

By Doug Harris

Cox News Service

CINCINNATI — The Cincinnati Reds’ Joe Randa knows he might as well wear a sign around his neck these days saying, “Third baseman for hire.”

Randa is so convinced he’ll be dealt before the July 31 trade deadline that he’s enlightened sons Jacob, 6, and Justin, 4, on the hard realities of Major League Baseball.

“We’ve communicated with them that this could be my last homestand here and I might be playing for another team,” he said as the Reds reconvened after the All-Star break for practice Thursday. “We’ve tried to prepare them as much as possible.”

The 35-year-old Randa, who spent most of his career in Kansas City, signed a one-year contract with the Reds and knew he was just keeping the position warm until top prospect Edwin Encarnacion matured.

But while Randa admits a trade to a contender could be enticing, he isn’t eager to pack his bags.

“By no means do I feel like I want to go,” he said. “This is the greatest group of players and personalities I’ve been around in a long time. I enjoy the city. It’s very similar to Kansas City. My kids like coming to the ballpark here. There’s a lot of things I’m not happy about with leaving. But no matter how much you like it, some things aren’t meant to be.”

The Reds are in last place in the National League Central at 35-53 and reportedly are engaged in their annual midseason ritual of dumping established players for promising newcomers.

Randa’s market value — he has a .300 average and ranks in the top five among third basemen in nearly every offensive category — makes him a likely candidate to go. But he’s not the only player being shopped.

Adam Dunn, Wily Mo Pena and even the exiled Austin Kearns are said to be generating offers. Seasoned relievers David Weathers and Kent Mercker probably could be acquired at a modest price, too.

“I think we’ll probably make a couple moves,” Reds first baseman Sean Casey said. “Hopefully, we won’t go crazy and unload just to unload. Kent Mercker and David Weathers — those are veteran guys that we’d have to replace in the off-season. We need them to anchor our bullpen next year.”
    Click here for the rest

Someone pleasssssssssssssse take Casey.

Casey would rather play a popularity contest than win a baseball game.

This is kind of off topic, but why don't you ever copy the whole article mission?

For this article, since I am not a member or nor do I want to be on of the links website, I had to go elsewhere to read the rest of the article.

MLB ERA
    i'm starting to think dunn, if not gone this year, will definatly be gone next year *rollseyes*
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Cincy
    This is kind of off topic, but why don't you ever copy the whole article mission?

For this article, since I am not a member or nor do I want to be on of the links website, I had to go elsewhere to read the rest of the article.
    We can't copy the whole thing because that would be considered plagerism. If we just give a piece of the article, then show where you can find it, then we are just quoting the text. In other words, we get into bigtime trouble if we copy the whole thing.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Yep, i hope Casey gets dealt as well. That would be our absolute best option. But if he goes, I hope it is just him, Aurilia, and Randa. Someone else mentioned this before, and it is great thinking. I also agree with Casey that Weathers and Mercker could anchor our bullpen next season. I'd keep them if we do not see a good return. Don't just dump these guys.

MLB ERA
    I'm fairly certain it's not plagiarism if you copy the whole article as long as you provide a link for where it's from. Not positive, but that's how I've understood it.

I've always thought if the title and author are in the copied piece, it's ok.

MLB ERA
    I think what Cincy says will usually keep you safe. You just have to make sure you include the author and the name of the paper it came from.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Someone pleasssssssssssssse take Casey.

Casey would rather play a popularity contest than win a baseball game.
    I TOTALLY agree. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that a BIG part of the problems with this club IS Sean Casey. It's such a lazy, freaking ballclub with very little visible fire in its belly, and I point the finger at that freaking fatass fraternizing over at firstbase. Casey is way over-paid and I don't buy his "Mr. Nice Guy" crap one bit, it's just a way for him to slack off and find a new team when his stats run him out of town. I honestly feel that Sean couldn't give a crap about the state of the Reds organization, just that his buddies hang around.

I've always thought if the title and author are in the copied piece, it's ok.
    You are absolutely correct. Plagurizing is copying without giving credit and passing off what you are copying as your own. What Mission is doing is preventing violation of copyRIGHT. Violating copyright is copying without permission, and that can lead to nasty lawsuits.

MLB ERA
    You are the first one who I've heard say they think Casey "fakes" being a nice guy.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Thats also one of the stupidest things I have ever read.