Thread: Indians reject a Dunn for Sabathia trade; plus other Reds notes

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Indians reject a Dunn for Sabathia trade; plus other Reds notes

... The Reds asked the Indians for ace C.C. Sabathia in return for outfielder Adam Dunn, which the Indians promptly rejected. ...
    The Reds are trying to act coy, but instead they're coming across as a mass act of confusion. They eventually will shop outfielders Austin Kearns and Adam Dunn, first baseman Sean Casey, third baseman Joe Randa and starter Eric Milton.

There are at least four teams interested in Dunn, including the Astros, Dodgers, Indians and Nationals, but they are wary about his salary rising from $4.6 million to about $7 million in salary arbitration. Kearns will attract considerable interest once he's on the market. But the guy who may draw the most attention could be Randa. The Twins and Padres both want him and are willing to offer top prospects. Ken Griffey Jr., who has no-trade rights, says that it's highly unlikely that he would approve any deal.
    Click here for the article

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    That is what I am talking about. Good job DanO. I like that he said sabathia, now we know that DanO sees the worth in Dunn. Hopefully he sees what everyone else equals out to be as well.
    This was disturbing in that the article says that all these players WILL be moved. Inside information?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    It didnt say they would neccessarily be moved, just shopped which I came to expect.

As for CC... pass.

MLB ERA
    I don't think all of them will be moved. I'm attempting to find more on specific rumors as we speak.

I think we can pretty much count on Randa being moved. If I had to take a shot in the dark on who else might be moved based on what I've heard/seen so far, I'd say:

Pena
    Kearns
    Casey
    Mercker
    Weathers

I would also pass on the CC deal. We need either a number one starter and a couple of good prospects in return for him... or a number one AND number two starter.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Oh I read that wrong. But, yes I would pass on the C.C. deal, but I am glad that DanO is playing tough with it. Pretty much telling the Indians to give us their ace for our best slugger. I also want more, but more than that, I want Dunn to stay in Cincinnati.

Also, CRF I hope both Pena and Kearns do not get traded. One of them would be fine, but not both. Not without an amazing return.

MLB ERA
    I doubt both will be traded. Those are just some of the possible names that could be traded in addition to Randa. I don't see Dunn or Griffey going anywhere.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    CC won't make the impact Dunn will and I can see him breaking down pretty easy with his big frame. Obviously that's not a gurantee with CC, but I see Dunn slugging solid for many years to come.

CC is a major risk. He could work like some bigger pitchers (like David Wells) or he could simply break down. Dunn may be a .250-.400-.550 player for the rest of his career, but it's still damn good.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

I honestly only hope Milton, Casey, and Randa will get traded.

MLB ERA
    I wouldn't mind seeing Weathers gone. He could land us a solid prospect, or at least more than we got for Todd Jones last year.

I don't want to trade people just to trade them.

The Todd Jones trade last year was CRAP! We got Hancock and Machado for him, two worthless extra players.

And remember guys, Weathers and Mercker are both under contract for 2006.

MLB ERA
    Hancock could still be a solid end of the rotation starter, and right now Machado is a waste of a roster spot, but with how Lopez and Olmedo have done, you never know. I do believe the word for those two is "unproven".