Thread: Bryan Price

MLB ERA

Bryan Price

Any thoughts on this guy's job status? The team has given up 5 or more runs in 16 of 43 games so far this year. Certainly a decent number of 4 runs or fewer games but too many rough games and not enough shutdown performances (only one shutout and a couple of games with a single run given up and I believe six others with two runs surrendered).
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA

Re: Bryan Price

What good is a pitching coach if someone doesn't/isn't willing to listen? I don't know any particulars but wasn't there a time when Texas sent Volquez to A ball because he refused to listen to a coach? I don't know if its happening again or its just mental with him and first innings or Chapman going from dominating to walking everyone like theyre Joey Votto. I'm just throwing it out there that there's too many unknowns and it could be just be we were using AAAA filler to bide time until Cueto and Homer were back inflating stats. And it could be the books gotten out on some of the young guys and they haven't been able to adjust.

That includes:
    Travis Wood ERA 5.01
    Mike Leake awful after the first month and a half.
    Jordan Smith ERA 5.40
    Arrendondo is coming off TJ Surgery and just recently gotten a taste of MLB pitching again.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

The disturbing part, though, relates to the results of Dave Duncan vs. Price. Should Carpenter in his current states, Lohse, Westbrook, McClellan and Garcia (not this good in the minors) really pitch this much better than the Reds' rotation?

Seems this is an indictment on Price's coaching.

MLB ERA

Again, I ask why this guy isn't on the hot seat? Volquez was worse than ever today and they left him out there to get pounded before finally pulling him. I'm not really getting why they would ensure the lead is too big to come back from and THEN pull him. Either get him out earlier or just leave him in to take a beating.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA

Jordan Smith - bad, bad, bad. Seriously, what pitchers on this staff are anything other than inconsistent or bad all around? Just miserable.

MLB ERA

Bryan Price - nothing to work with in terms of talent or brutal pitching coach? Perhaps a mix of both?

Why do Dave Duncan and others get more out of pitchers than Price?

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

Reds WAY too loyal.... 90 game sample and he's still on payroll....

He went out and talked to Leake next pitch basehit.... well done Price, here have another paycheck.