Thread: Reds Start The Season Right

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Reds Reds Start The Season Right

Volquez wasn't pretty today and they stranded runners, but a 4-run bottom of the 9th gives the Reds a 7-6 win over the Brewers. Ramon Hernandez went opposite field and that is all she wrote.

Great win. Game was really slow and pretty boring for the Reds, who seemed out of it the entire game really, but bam... here we go with comeback win #1.

MLB ERA

Re: Reds Start The Season Right

Volquez was very iffy early on, though he improved later. Still don't trust him 100 percent; same with Bailey. Sometimes I wonder whether a rotation featuring Cueto, Arroyo, Wood, Leake and either LeCure or Maloney would be more consistent overall than one with Volquez and Bailey. Which is frustrating since those two have such good stuff. Oh well.

What an Opening Day though! Hernandez always was a great addition to this team and he proves it with good AB often, particularly with RISP.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

CRF you gotta remember with Bailey though that he did post a 3.55 ERA after the ASG last year with a +9 K/9. Yeah, he is inconsistent and could be just as shaky, but he finally put together a long stretch of pitching to his talent.

MLB ERA

Yeah, I know he pitched well later in the year. But I still just have this uneasy feeling counting on him in big games at this point in his career. Maybe he will convert me this year. For some reason an air of tension fills the room when he starts at times. He has stretches where he is fairly unhittable, I just think he still has to keep his emotions in check. I will say he improved in this regard last year.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Agreed on all counts. I definitely would have my reservations, right now anyway, with having Bailey pitch a big game but it seems that he is starting to put things together and hopefully that continues from both a pitch development and pitcher mentality standpoints.

AAA ERA

Great way to start the season guys! Go Reds!!

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Yea, seemed like the Reds were leaving runners on in every inning then finally came through with some runs in the 9th. Hernandez had a heck of a game.