Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: As if I needed another reason to hate Tony LaRussa, he gave me one tonight.

MLB ERA

As if I needed another reason to hate Tony LaRussa, he gave me one tonight.

Not only does Felipe get to go in after Jimmy Rollins, who was only in the ASG because of an injury and shouldn't have been there even after that, but when he does get in, he doesn't even get to play the position he was picked for the game at. He got a whopping one at-bat, and thanks to Moises Alou, didn't get the RBI he should've had. The worst thing is, when Felipe keeps making all-star games in the future, it'll probably keep being LaRussa as manager. I didn't like the fact that Felipe didn't even get to start because the fans are morons, but throw in the fact that he only got in the game for one AB and at third base, despite being by far the best SS in the NL, and I'm downright pissed off. Screw you, Tony LaRussa.

I love this post. Its exactly how I feel, but I didn't have to type it all out.

LaRussa =

I've never cared for that arrogant S.O.B.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    at least he got in the game...Duke of the A's was the "emergency/extra innings" pitcher and didn't get in at all.

MLB ERA
    Meh. Duchscherer was only there because the A's needed a rep, and I'm not really a fan of that rule.

MLB ERA
    same can be said for your guy as he was the only Red there

MLB ERA
    Not really, since he was actually deserving of going since he's been the best SS in the NL. Duchscherer's having a nice year, but most of that's been as a middle reliever and those guys shouldn't make all-star teams.

MLB ERA
    yes really...Lopez was chosen the same way Duke was chosen; as one of the reserves picked by the manager. He was not voted in by the fans or the players. He was picked to fulfill the requirement of having 1 player from each team just like Duke. Duke not deserving to be there is your opinion...the rest is incorrect information and not fact:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/a...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Players La Russa picked:
    La Russa's reserves are shortstop Felipe Lopez of the Cincinnati Reds; outfielders Moises Alou of the San Francisco Giants, Jason Bay of the Pittsburgh Pirates and Luis Gonzalez of the Arizona Diamondbacks; and pitchers Brian Fuentes of the Colorado Rockies, Jake Peavy of the San Diego Padres and John Smoltz of the Braves.
    Players voted by the players and coaches:
    The NL players', coaches' and managers' votes went to catcher Paul Lo Duca of the Florida Marlins; Pujols; second baseman Luis Castillo of the Marlins; shortstop Cesar Izturis of the Dodgers; third baseman Aramis Ramirez of the Cubs; and outfielders Andruw Jones of the Atlanta Braves, Miguel Cabrera of the Marlins and Carlos Lee of the Milwaukee Brewers.

National League pitchers who secured their nominations through the Player Ballot are Cardinals right-hander Chris Carpenter, Roger Clemens of the Houston Astros, Livan Hernandez of the Washington Nationals, Pedro Martinez of the Mets and Dontrelle Willis of the Marlins. Relievers named to the NL squad are Chad Cordero of the Nationals, Jason Isringhausen of the Cardinals and Brad Lidge of the Astros.

Duchscherer was one of the best relievers in baseball this year and less deserving relief pitchers were there.

It's a shame he didn't get to pitch. I think Francona should have left Clement as the long guy.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    I don't really care that Duke didn't pitch...the point was be glad Lopez (and others) played because some guys didn't even get to play at all. Then it went off on how Duke didn't deserve to be there when he got there the same way Lopez did.

MLB ERA
    Lopez was the only Red because he was the only one deserving. Trying to say Lopez wasn't deserving would be naive and stupid. Duchscherer got in because the A's needed a rep, and he probably shouldn't have been there. There were better middle relievers in the AL, but they didn't play for the A's so they didn't go.

Rookie ERA
    8 years without a win! C'mon Tony, and the National League.

Just kidding!

C'mon NL! You are the worst league in years. Can you win one ASG! Just one!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Geki Ace
    Lopez was the only Red because he was the only one deserving. Trying to say Lopez wasn't deserving would be naive and stupid. Duchscherer got in because the A's needed a rep, and he probably shouldn't have been there. There were better middle relievers in the AL, but they didn't play for the A's so they didn't go.
    and there were better players than Lopez...you just don't get it. they both were chosen by the same process. I never said Lopez didn't deserve to go, like you did about Duke, my point was they both made it as the 1 player requirement picked by the manager...I'm sure if La Russa didn't have to pick a Red, he would have picked someone else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast