Page 8 of 122 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Reds Rumblings

One way that I can see it hurting is this. Just recently they were trying to weed out posters by giving only subscribers access to the Hall Of Fame forum. What happened is that the posters that had been around for years (or that have thousands of mindless posts) starting hanging out in the HOF forum. The traffic in the regular baseball forum started to die off. A lot of the discussion just died off. Complaints were plentiful. So, that idea was scratched. They have tried other stuff, too, to not only kill off some of the bandwidth, but to also strengthen its "inner circle" of posters. Now, they're trying to make all new posters and those aren't in the "clique" leave redszone. What they want is a "good ol' boys network" there. I'm just glad that www.themlbforum.com and www.strike3forums.com sites aren't taking censoring to this level. Posters here seem to have just as weight as any other posters. I like that.

MLB ERA
    what they should do is get rid of those huge threads in the non-baseball chatter, THATS what kills my bandwidth and i even told the dudes this.

heres how it works.

you load a page

each image is sent from the dataserver to your computer, packets.

each packet takes up bandwidth.

if you have a thread that has x-amount of posts, it will take up bandwidth.

if you have x amount of people viewing that page, and it has every image sent and recieved your bandwidth will add up...

if that makes anysense.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I merged that thread with this. Just not really baseball related and that's what this thread is for, Reds fans to shoot the breeze.

Hope you guys understand.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Also, if you havent checked it out.... Wally Mo posted a great article on free agent pitchers this offseason. A good read for sure, he deserves props on it.

http://strike3forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1483

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Hey congrats on finishing your exams mission! That has to be a huge relief!

MLB ERA
    One more exam to go!
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Sweet, get it done man! Has to be a huge relief to be finished with a class. I know I love it.

MLB ERA
    Yeah...tomorrow morning it ends.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I hope your exams went well CRF.

BTW guys, Game of The Week is tonight. Another Braves matchup, this time Oswalt vs Smoltz. Plus Berkman is returning. If the Reds are getting killed, feel free to join that thread and watch the game.

http://strike3forums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=23008

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Yeah, How did you do man? I hope you got what you needed!

MLB ERA
    They did go well. I had my History exam yesterday and handed in my ten page paper on the "Effects of Puritan beliefs and lifestyles on the Salem Witch Trials of 1692". I also had my last final today: Art in Culture.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    So you got to work on your history paper outside of class or not? For my class we had to do it in class without any knowledge of the questions, it was brutal because I had one and half notebooks filled with notes. Needless to say a lot was covered.

Glad to hear they went good for you dude. Glad to be done??

MLB ERA
    Well, we got to do the term paper outside of class, because we had to use secondary sources(scholarly books and articles from Historians).

As for the exam... it consisted of 10 objective questions that he picked(Fairly difficult multiple choice questions that counted as 30 points) and then two essay questions, each of which was 35 points(for a total of 100). He did give us a list of possible questions beforehand(a list of five) and then he picked three of the five and we had to choose two of those three to write about.

The reason he allowed us to see the questions beforehand is because he was a difficult grader and looked for quotes and/or references to the books we had been reading outside class within our essay responses. One of the books was even when he recently just finished(about John Winthrop). He is a very knowledgeable guy when it comes to history. The book got praise from Harvard professors and the like. I liked this history course. It was a "Perspectives" course and focused a lot on the religion of Sixteenth-Seventeenth Century England and Seventeenth Century New England. (The Puritans)

Oh, and I'm very glad to be done.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Good job all you guys on doing well with your classes.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    That course sounds interesting CRF. Sounds like you probably did great.

FYI guys, Saber and Steak both have written some great articles up this weekend. Check them out on the homepage or here:
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72

Page 8 of 122 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast