Page 62 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Reds Rumblings

MLB ERA
    I was at the Astros game last night and followed our game on the scoreboard until we left after the 7th. Then we got back and I saw the painful final inning couple innings. Just when I think Narron can't get more clueless, he does. He is one of the worst managers I've ever seen. Taking out EE after two HR? Wasting Ramirez(he is supposed to start today) and shaking his confidence even MORE than it already was after that last start. Walking the bases loaded with 0 outs in the 14th to setup a situation where contact would likely win the game. Not using Franklin longer as you mentioned, mission.

That game had to have been one of the worst managed games ever. Narron has to be one of the worst managers ever.

It is getting to the point where ridiculous doesn't even say enough about his managing.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Tonight is a must win. Game is on an hour earlier than originally scheduled, at 6:10 PM and it's on FSN.

Change in the booth

Steve Stewart will not be back in the Reds' radio booth next season.

Stewart has been informed that the team will not renew his contract next year, he said today. Stewart is in his second full season of work alongside Marty Brennaman after joining Brennaman and Joe Nuxhall on a part-time basis for the 2004 season.

The Reds are not expected to move to fill the opening until after this season. Former Fox 19 sports anchor Dan Hoard, who this year became the voice of the Pawtucket Red Sox, should be in the mix as a potential replacement. He was a finalist when Stewart got the job in 2004.

Brennaman is under contract through the 2007 season.

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/

Good riddance "Bad Boy".

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Never hated Stewart, but I never cared for him either. I think that's how a lot felt and I think WLW realizes that they will see more dropoff unless they get a duo that can win the fans over from the increased televised schedule.

MLB ERA
    Yeah, I think Steve is a nice guy, but his announcing just bores me and he doesn't seem to care whether the Reds win or lose often. The tone of his voice sometimes doesn't convey plays well either. For example(consider CAPS higher pitched and louder): Griffey swings and hits a fly ball to left center field, Bay is going back to the wall...AND THAT's A HOME RUN!"
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Marty and Steve were never a good match.

I would like to see Tracy Jones in the booth, but my guess is that Dan Hoard will get the job.

MLB ERA
    It looks like we will only have 1/2 game lead in the Wild Cards after tonight and could certainly lose that tomorrow.

We are also 2 games behind the Cards now, as the Jocketty crew got another clutch win, based mostly due to the performance of Chris Carpenter. That is two brilliant starts in a row for the Cards, first by Suppan, now by Carpenter. Gary Bennett is also hititng well for the Cards, as he is (10-15) in his last four starts. We would have had a chance over the last couple games if we had given up 0 Runs and 1 Run like the Cards have. They are again approaching double-digits over .500 in terms of their record.

The collapse might be happening as we speak. Narron's poor managing doesn't help anything out. He decided to leave Arroyo in today to start the 7th despite the fact he had given up about 6 hits and 4 BB through 6 IP and had 115 pitches to START the inning.

I guess that bullpen needed MORE rest. Of course he then brought in Bray and Belisle when we were down and by a larger amount than we are when he brings in guys like Franklin and his type.

We REALLY need to win tomorrow afternoon's game if possible.

C you there
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by StlCardsFan30
    It looks like we will only have 1/2 game lead in the Wild Cards after tonight and could certainly lose that tomorrow.

We are also 2 games behind the Cards now, as the Jocketty crew got another clutch win, based mostly due to the performance of Chris Carpenter. That is two brilliant starts in a row for the Cards, first by Suppan, now by Carpenter. Gary Bennett is also hititng well for the Cards, as he is (10-15) in his last four starts. We would have had a chance over the last couple games if we had given up 0 Runs and 1 Run like the Cards have. They are again approaching double-digits over .500 in terms of their record.

The collapse might be happening as we speak. Narron's poor managing doesn't help anything out. He decided to leave Arroyo in today to start the 7th despite the fact he had given up about 6 hits and 4 BB through 6 IP and had 115 pitches to START the inning.

I guess that bullpen needed MORE rest. Of course he then brought in Bray and Belisle when we were down and by a larger amount than we are when he brings in guys like Franklin and his type.

i for one believe we can Still take the division we still have the abilities to do so there is a lil over month to go so stop being so gloomy lol

if we were behind the cards by 15 games I can see giving up on the division but dang it's just 2 games :| we can do it even if we just slide into the division title lol

MLB ERA
    How about instead of using falsification techniques you actually discuss why you think what I'm saying is unreasonable, using some kind of explanation of what you see that makes you think I'm wrong. Pretty much every statistic/statement I made in the paragraph about the Cards was factual. I'd like to see something substantive made from the other end of the spectrum.

C you there
    MLB ERA
    For example how long have you seen the cards and reds fight for first place yes we may have been under by 2 or 3 games most of the time hell the worst we gone down is 5 games behind first place, yet you continue to degrade the reds and only praise them when they win, it may be true a loss is bad thing but never lose faith in your own team, no one is perfect the cards have proven that as well

they lost alot in a row just as we do at times, yet there, what do you call it oh yeah Jocketty crew, always seems to win there games yet you hardly ever notice when they lose, Simple fact my friend, You can't predict what's going to go on, by this time next week we may be back in first or we may be down by another game or we may be still just behind by 2 games, yet you still claim that we should not hope for a division title and even worse now that we should not expect at least a wild card spot

never give up untill it's actually happened

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30

I knew this was coming.

MLB ERA
    Yeah, you should have known I'd be proven right... again.

C you there
    MLB ERA
    yet you havn't been proven right

MLB ERA
    3 games out of 1st. Gary Bennett again gets it done for the Cards. He is suddenly incredible as we approach the end of the year and get into some very clutch games. The Cards scored more tonight than we did during the whole San Fran series. Very sad.

I just don't know how we'll catch the Jocketty Methodology with this road trip continuing and then some tough games against the surging Giants at home, etc. The Cards are now nine games over .500.

C you there
    MLB ERA
    who cares about the dumb arse cards I sure don't

We got the Dodgers and I'll be at the three games to watch the reds defeat the padres