Page 60 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Reds Rumblings

MLB ERA
    That deal makes no sense at all for the non-Reds teams involved. It's probably complete bull.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I agree. The O's especially.

MLB ERA
    Yeah, Baltimore gets screwed in an unimaginable manner in that deal. Lopez is nice, but Miguel Tejada is a star, the only one the O's have, and removing him removes most of the fan appeal for the team. It'd basically ruin the team's financials for a while due to how many fans would stop caring.

Not to mention they already have a logjam of uninteresting first basemen with Millar/Conine/Gibbons.

So they'd give up Tejada for a far inferior shortstop and add another man to their one position of depth.

Yeah there is no way that, that trade rumor is true.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    What a way to come home, to see Mays was Mays. When will him and Weathers leave?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Freel is simply beast. How can Narron continue to justify not playing him everday? He pours everything he has into his effort and the results show. Freel+Power=Lethal

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    And the Reds hold onto win this to continue to defy expectations. These Brewers never make things easy though, we should just be glad that their pitching has faltered like ours but our bats won out.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    And talk about beating the odds, what is up with Everyday Eddie? I was fine with the move, but I didn't expect it to pan out like this. I am not saying I expect these numbers to hold up over the longrun, but could he just be a person who thrives on the intensity of the 9th more so than the average closer? In any case, I am digging it while it lasts. Way to go Eddie.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    What a way to come home, to see Mays was Mays. When will him and Weathers leave?

He certainly was Mays but I didn't end up seeing him because we ended up not going to the game. That was an interesting situation. The person we were meeting there who had the free tickets tonight didn't show up multiple times when they said they would and then called and were not going to make it in a reasonable enough time to watch a lot of the game, so we just left. During dinner outside across the bridge in Covington, we "heard"(but didn't see) the Freel HR to start the game and the Hatteberg HR and could see about an inning of the game from the KY side of the bridge on the scoreboard as we waited for the one who had the tickets. Anyway, that was interesting but I'm disappointed I didn't get to go to the game. I will probably go to at least one game in the next home series.

Mays should be DFA though and probably will.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Freel is simply beast. How can Narron continue to justify not playing him everday? He pours everything he has into his effort and the results show. Freel+Power=Lethal
    He sure is. I am HOPING(we are talking about Narron though) that he will b e starting in basically every single game now that Kearns and Lopez are gone. He deserves it. He plays good defense and we all know about his hitting capabilities.

I LOVE gutty players like Freel. That's why he is one of my favorite players on the team.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    And the Reds hold onto win this to continue to defy expectations. These Brewers never make things easy though, we should just be glad that their pitching has faltered like ours but our bats won out.
    Yup.

Our bats haven't exactly been bad since the trade, btw. It obviously hasn't been a HUGE number of games thus far, but I have been fairly encouraged by the offense shown since the trade.

MLB ERA
    And talk about beating the odds, what is up with Everyday Eddie? I was fine with the move, but I didn't expect it to pan out like this. I am not saying I expect these numbers to hold up over the longrun, but could he just be a person who thrives on the intensity of the 9th more so than the average closer? In any case, I am digging it while it lasts. Way to go Eddie.
    I really do think he feeds off the emotion. The pumping of his fists, the emotion he shows. He really seems to perform well in part because of his emotions running high. I hope it keeps up. I'm not sure he'll continue to be as good as he has, but I could see him putting up some pretty solid numbers. Although he might not reach his numbers of the several years prior to this year as he gets older, I could still see him gutting out a fairly solid rest of the season and perhaps for the next year or so.

That pickup may well turn out to be a good one for Krivsky.

Tracy Jones said on Extra Innings a couple minutes ago that a couple advance scouts he talked to think Bray could be a very good pitcher for us for quite some time, btw.

MVP: Freel

MLB ERA
    BTW, Narron made a couple more odd decisions tonight. His lineup tonight was actually better than most have been, but the decision to PH Aurilia(off the bench) for Hatteberg was strange since Hatteberg was (3-4) on the night and everyone had to know Ned Y was going to bring in a RHP to face him. Just stupid. He wasted Aurilia and we might have needed him later in the game. He then tried a hit and run with Castro on 1B prior to Freel's HR which didn't work because the pitch wasn't good enough for Freel to be able to make contact with. That was a very dangerous and frankly pretty dumb move by Narron.

I just had to point those two issues out.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Don't be shocked to see heart attacks on the rise in Reds Country.

MLB ERA
    I might be part of the sample group for that one.