Page 48 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Reds Rumblings

MLB ERA
    Except it's more important for someone like Dave Williams.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Only because Dave Williams is a fat sack of useless shit.

MLB ERA
    I think that might be a BIT overboard, but not sure by how much.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/5056/arroyo4qg.jpg

If anyone wants to use that, feel free to. I don't really design anymore (outside of occasional boredom like above or if the site needs something) so I was just giving this more a test run than anything. Just post here if you want to use it and I'll upload it my own webspace.

AA ERA
    Per Lancaster Blog:
    Jason LaRue will not be with the team Tuesday in Chicago. Instead, he'll head to Sarasota to catch Paul Wilson's start in extended spring training. The Reds want LaRue to get at least a little game action under his belt before he is activated from the DL.
    Sounds like stall time to me.

AA ERA
    Phillips to Try out OF?

CHICAGO -- New infielder Brandon Phillips grew up idolizing former Reds shortstop Barry Larkin. But Phillips could soon be doing something for Cincinnati that Larkin never did.

Playing the outfield.

Overloaded with middle infielders, manager Jerry Narron appeared willing to get creative in order to find Phillips playing time. Narron planned to have Phillips get some instruction from first base/outfield coach Billy Hatcher.

Only Ryan Freel and Andy Abad play the outfield now, but Freel often starts in the infield, like he did Tuesday at second base.

"Just watching [Phillips] take fly balls in BP, he looked like he could do that," Narron said Tuesday. "He won't get a start out there, but I could see him finishing a game out there for us."

The only issue for Phillips is that he's never roamed the outfield in a game before, at any level.

"Not even in Little League," said Phillips, who had a pinch-hit double Sunday in his Reds debut. "I've been out there shagging balls and it's cool. Whenever everyone else is hitting, I'm out there trying to catch the popups. That's the closest thing to outfield I've ever been."

As for getting him starts from his natural positions at second base or shortstop, Narron was still trying to figure something out, but it would probably be at shortstop when Felipe Lopez needs a day off.

"I don't like the idea of anybody just sitting there," Narron said. "With Freel, [Tony] Womack and [Rich] Aurilia, it'd be tough to start him at second. ... I hate to say it, but right now he's like a Rule 5 Draft pick. We'll try to work him in."

Phillips, 24, was open to anything he might be asked to do.

"Any way I can get in the lineup," he said. "I'd go out there and play in the outfield. It doesn't matter, as long as I'm getting playing time. It's cool with me."
    Well this makes me wonder if they are really concidering trading Kearns if this works out. But i hope this fails.Krisky really just needs to deal Womack and start Freel/Phillips at 2B and keep Aurilla for the bench work he's been doing(3B/1B) i could deal with that. But who knows really.I just found this article interesting.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I don't think so. Narron has man-crushes on both Womack and Aurilia and I think Kriv wants playing time for Phillips as he could be a member of the future lineup. Obviously things are crowded at 2B, so wherever they can fit him in, go for it. Whatever the case is, I am really liking Phillips attitude and I think giving him the chance to prove himself could be great (look what happened to FeLo when just about everyone wrote him off.)

MLB ERA
    I really like the Phillips move more and more. I think he could realize at least some of his potential with a new attitude and the tutelage of Chambliss.

I'm liking the signing a lot.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Guys, I know most of you saw the new sig series I added but I just wanted to post this request here. If any of you guys see:
    a good quality photo of Dave Williams
    in a home jersey
    in a part of his motion that would fit in the sig
    Please save it or link it to me in case I miss it. The series will be complete if I can get that as it would have a nice sense of unity.

Thanks

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Not sure if it fits the requirements, but it's all I got.

AAA ERA
    Hey guys, i got a new Reds fan to join the site today. One of my friends from Cincy. I think his name is mfcm25. I'm really pleased with all the reds fan's that post regularly on this site.

Rookie ERA
    What are you guys think about the reds this year, i did think that they got raped in the casey trade and the pena trade, they could of gotten more, why dont the reds go out and spend even if they arent doing well, improve it go get some pitching thats not crap, get rodger clemenss of the world, actualy clemens might be a idea since hes from dayton.

MLB ERA
    I didn't mind the Casey trade just because we dumped his salary and declining production, although I'm not at all impressed with Dave Williams.

I liked the Arroyo trade because I think he can be pretty good and I don't think Pena will realize his full potential offensively and will continue to struggle defensively.

As for Clemens, I don't think he would sign with the Reds and I don't think Dayton would be motivation for him, since he once said the best part of his life was watching Dayton in the rear view mirror. He's not a fan for whatever reason.

Welcome to the board, btw.

Rookie ERA
    but why dont we like spend MONEY!!! and not have firesales every year, sometimes i wish i was the gm of the reds.

btw can someone do a sig that has arod in a pirates uni, and says slamalama-ding-dong

thx

AAA ERA
    If any one does a sig for you itll be posted over in Homeplate Artwork.

Page 48 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast