Page 24 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Reds Rumblings

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Good luck with school. Not for sure on the fireworks, I think my Uncle is having a family cookout.

BTW, has anyone seen the 40 Year Old Virgin yet? Steve Carrell cracks me up; so hopefully its worth the ticket price when I see it this weekend.

MLB ERA
    Ahh, family cookout. We are actually having a family reunion on that Saturday, but coming back on Saturday night or Sunday for the fireworks. (BTW, did you know they are the 2nd biggest display in the world?)

And I haven't seen that movie yet, but it looked kinda funny.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Dang that fireworks show sounds sick! Wish I could be there. But have fun this semester all y'all going back to school! I am taking a few more college classes as well. Psychology and Humanities. I can't believe that they actually made an all out humanaities class, because that covers a lot of areas. Anyways, i can't wait for Psychology! I have always been interested in this kind of stuff.

So have fun this semester everyone!

MLB ERA
    Thanks...and the same to ya!

My courses this semester are:

Writing II
    Linguistics
    Intro. to Sports Journalism
    Culture and Politics in the Third World
    Statistics
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Intro to Sports Journalism sounds awesome man! I am sure you will ace that no problem! The next Hal McCoy?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Psychology is pretty cool, I took it last fall.

Anyway, my classes:
    Practical Logic (a Philosophy course)
    Principles of Microeconomics
    Global Politics
    Physics
    Physics lab

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Logic also sounds like a great class. I wish I had a full time schedule for school like you guys. But I guess taking it slow grants me better time to concentarte on one or two subjects at a time. Straight As so far, so hopefully the trend can continue.

MLB ERA
    Well, I'm hoping to be the next Hal. I know some folks get on him these days for his typos and at times inaccurate numbers, but he is still one of the best writers around and brings a lot of insights that many don't bring to their writing, IMO.

But your guys' classes sound cool too. It's good to hear you're doing well with those you have so far, redsrbetter. BTW, that Field of Dreams DVD came last weekend. Thanks again!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I don't read Hal to gain statistical insight to baseball. I read Hal to gain an insight to the game on a human level, for how he delivers the story and not the numbers.

MLB ERA
    ^^^ Bingo

Hal doesn't come from the same generation of baseball thinking and won't change stuff he's thought for over 30 years, but he brings stuff to the table that other just don't and frankly can't.

MLB ERA
    The inevitable Jason Standridge playing the role of Jason Standridge has started, unfortunately.

MLB ERA
    Another offensive explosion today! Kearns with another HR and hit, Pena with a monster, 2-HR game, a couple more hits from Griffey and another HR for Lopez. Even Casey hit his 8th HR and had 4 hits today.

And the biggest shocker of all: Milton pitched well... 2 ER in 6 IP!

I get on Reds.com to check on the score earlier today, and I see something like this:

"Wily Mo Pena and Juan Encarnacion both hit 3 run home runs in the 3rd inning"

I'm thinking WTF!!?? Juan Encarnacion, he doesn't play for the D-Backs. The Reds didn't trade for him today did they? Why the hell would they trade for him? Then I stop and think, its probably Edwin. I check the Gameday and it was.

:p

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    This was a great game though. Wish I was able to see it, but I was busy most of the day.

MLB ERA
    Stuart Scott just gets more annoying all of the time.

I can't stand his comments. He just said the Wild Card Standings in the NL are: "Tight. Tight. Tiiiiight(using it to mean close and "cool" obviously)". His lame attempts at sounding cool are getting old, as are his comments he always repeats, like: "As cool as the other side of the pillow", which he says usually one time a show.

Page 24 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast