Page 22 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Reds Rumblings

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    That's pretty awesome. And a good age for you to get down to a party town, right timing. Ha.

MLB ERA
    hellssssssssssss yea

i'm gunna get into the underground punk scene down there too. i went to a club in houston called mary jane's fatcat club...saw the bands the varukers and clit 45. actually talked to the singer from clit 45 he's pretty cool.

its crazy shit lol, but i love it.

what sucks is i just found out yesterday that i can't graduate early so i gotta finish up down there, oh well
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

MLB ERA
    I've got a couple of tix. to the Bengals/Patriots preseason opener at PBS tomorrow night(tonight actually now), so I'm going there. Should be a good time with all the anticipation this year brings. I will be booing Dillon when he enters the field along with everyone else, while chanting "Ru-di, Ru-di, Ru-di".
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Have fun CRF. Even though I am just a casual football fan, I would love to hear a little scouting report from you since sometimes you get a different impression from being there versus seing it on TV. But this is about as excited as I have been on the Bengals for quite some time. I really think Carson is going to come together to be the franchise QB we need, he was showing signs of it last year no doubt about it.

Anyway, good seats?

MLB ERA
    Thanks, and yeah, the seats are pretty good. They are halfway back in the(I think) North Endzone. I like that angle pretty well.

I already have some tix. to a few regular season games too: Pittsburgh(October), Baltimore(right after Thanksgiving) and Buffalo(Christmas Eve Saturday game, since Christmas Day is on a Sunday this year).

It will be so cool if the Bengals are in the playoff hunt or have already made the playoffs for that Christmas Eve game. What a cool Christmas present it would be for them to clinch their first playoff spot in 15 years on Christmas Eve.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Have fun CRF! Also, sucks ghetto that you can't finish school early. But you will get it done and then have something to look forward to for afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    I've got a couple of tix. to the Bengals/Patriots preseason opener at PBS tomorrow night(tonight actually now), so I'm going there. Should be a good time with all the anticipation this year brings. I will be booing Dillon when he enters the field along with everyone else, while chanting "Ru-di, Ru-di, Ru-di".
    The Bengals aren't my number 1 team, the Colts are, but I still root for the Bengals. I was at the game where Rudi made his first start, it was against the Seahawks. I hope they crush the Pats, even though its preseason.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Bengals lost 23-13, that sucks. I hope CRF still had a good time anyway.

Victory is Pats!

Matt Cassel > All not named Tom Brady
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    The game was still good, even though we lost. I'm not worried about the Final score very much. The first stingers matched up pretty well against the Pats' first stringers, with a 0-0 tie when they all left. It just came down to the Pats' 2nd(and especially 3rd) stringers being better than the Bengals' 2nd and 3rd stringers.

I was especially encouraged/impressed by the performance of our D, most notably:
    Odell Thurman
    Robert Geathers
    Ratliff
    Brandon Williams

Our first string D looked much quicker than last year's and seemed to get in Brady's face fairly quickly. Palmer had a few nice passes(other than the INT to open the game which was a play I think the Pats were expecting) and our receivers made some nice catches. The O-line looked pretty good.

We need to make our tackles more crisp and just better in general. That was one thing that could improve IMO We missed a few and didn't follow through very well on a few that could have easily "gotten away" from us. Hopefully it is something that will improve over the next couple of weeks before the season begins.

Overall, I was pleased with what I saw. We also had a couple of Pats fans next to us. They weren't too bad, for Pats fans at least. Everyone was giving them a hard time(in a friendly way though).

MLB ERA
    I thought Brady didn't play...

MLB ERA
    You're right. That was my bad in typing... it was Cassel that was the primary starter tonight, and he looked good other than against our first stringers.

Belichick started Cassel over Davey? That speaks volumes about both Cassel's progress and Davey's status.

Mission, you were the one who really liked The Contender, right?

Well, Bill Simmons said that ESPN picked it up if you hadn't hear that, so there's some good news.

And you're up to four of those fun rep bars. Ooooh...pretty. </Rep Whore Mode>

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Hey everyone, been super busy this weekend so I apologize about missing the game threads. To make it up to you all, I decided to make a Reds wallpaper of the Kearns catch. I really like how it turned out. If you like the grunge type design (which most of my better work is) then you might dig it. Check it out in the graphics thread up top.

Page 22 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast