Page 21 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Reds Rumblings

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Are you moving for school or is it a family move ghetto?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Madden comes out tomorrow. I can't wait. As if I don't have enough "pointless" activities (according to my dad at least) to take up my time. Anyone else going to rent/get it?

Im going to get it tonihgt at 12:01, the gamestop that i reserved it at is right up the street. so i'm probaly going to be playing it all night.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Awesome. Make sure to let us know your first impressions. I mean, it's Madden so it's going to be good, but still. I just can't wait to get my hands on the new features, in particular the superstar career mode.

Have fun.

MLB ERA
    Just FYI

National League Wild Card Standings.
    Team W L GB Left
    Houston 60 52 -- 50
    Washington 59 53 1.0 50
    Philadelphia 59 54 1.5 49
    Florida 58 54 2.0 50
    NY Mets 57 55 3.0 50
    Milwaukee 56 58 5.0 48
    Chi Cubs 54 59 6.5 49
    Arizona 54 60 7.0 48
    Cincinnati 51 62 9.5 49
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Um, aren't you missing the Dodgers in that list?

No? I think I'm going to throw up now.

MLB ERA
    Well, that pisses me off. I had a semi-lengthy post about the Reds second half chances and Madden, but something glitched and it didn't post but still disappeared, so I'll just summarize.

I hope to get Madden soon, but MVP is taking up most of my gaming time. I'm getting it for XBox, what do you guys have it for? The Reds are very much in reach of 3rd place. A 31-20 record to finish the year would get us to .500. A weak schedule to finish the year could allow that to happen, and while it's unlikely, it is possible. Only four series remaining that I'd consider scary, and we have a lot of games with the Brewers and Pirates coming up.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I got Madden for XBOX as well. But the damn thing keeps giving me disc errors. The funny thing is I never get disc errors for PS2 (which is supposedly the worst for those) but I get them all the time for XBOX. And this is a brand new perfect disc. Ugh!

As for .500.... I don't know. Slowly I am warming up to the idea, this offense is just clicking now and even if the pitching reverts to old habits to some degree, I still think we got a chance.

MLB ERA
    Disc errors are often-times a problem with the laser that reads the disc, not the disc itself. You got XBox Live, Mission?

The Reds will finish 4th......I got Madden on day 1...little disappointed with Superstar mode. Basically, they could of done alot more with it. Of course, I will by Madden 2007 just to see the improvements. And the passing cone thing is ok, but not needed, and would seem like a dead giveaway if you were playing against someone else. I mean, if you gotta move a cone to throw it accurately the other guy knows exactly where you throwing to, makes no sense.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    It probably is the system. I got a first gen XBOX (got it on launch) and I recall hearing that Microsoft used like three different disc readers before deciding on one and I probably got the weak one of the bunch. It's just so frustrating to get that on a brand new disc. But I have been playing today with no problems so who knows.

Anyway, I do have XBOX Live but I rarely play. Last thing I played was NHL2k4 and that was quite a long time ago. Usually my little brother has the long ethenet cable playing either FFXI or Halo 2. But when I am on, my gamertag is missionhockey66 (I think.) Also, if you get insulted on Halo 2 by a kid that sounds about 10 and has terrible comebacks, it's my little brother. He will try to question your sexuality while thinking he really got you. It's best to ignore him, I do.

MLB ERA
    Oh, I think I'd love to play with your brother. I love making fun of little kids who play Halo. Anyways, after I get Madden we should play online sometime. I've only had my XBox since last October, and before now I had Madden for PS2, so I wanna play it online.

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    I got Madden for XBOX as well. But the damn thing keeps giving me disc errors. The funny thing is I never get disc errors for PS2 (which is supposedly the worst for those) but I get them all the time for XBOX. And this is a brand new perfect disc. Ugh!

As for .500.... I don't know. Slowly I am warming up to the idea, this offense is just clicking now and even if the pitching reverts to old habits to some degree, I still think we got a chance.
    U need to replace ur disc drive or its just going to keep getting worse with those. U can get them on ebay for about 70 i think. Or wait till 360 i gues.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Sounds good Geki.

And you're probably right dfnghesmeh. I'll probably wait to see if 360 is out of this world in pricing but if it's somewhat reasonable, I would rather drop the cash on that versus a new drive.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    Are you moving for school or is it a family move ghetto?
    family move...father got a 6 figure job in miami couldn't pass it up
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]