Page 13 of 122 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Reds Rumblings

MLB ERA
    His defense is definitely good. I can't fault him for that.

He will hit that HR every once in a while too. He seems to have a knack for the big hit every month or two.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    FYI gang, game of the week here is going to be a doubleheader (Cubs/White Sox, Yankees/Mets.) The games are on tomorrow around 1:15 on FOX. In the Dayton area, we appear to be getting the Cubs game. But anyway, feel free to join in the thread tomorrow if you just feel like chatting some baseball. I am not for sure if I'll make it (might be busy) but I would like to check out the White Sox if I can.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Hey guys, I found out that I cannot attend the GOTW. But, just check it out anyways. this week's matchup looks real nice. One of the greatest rivalries in sports going head to head once again. So, if you are available, we are not going to have a game thread for that night (Sunday) in our forum. As we need more activity in the GOTW thread. Go ahead and watch or listen to the Reds game, but during commercials flip the channel and talk Red Sox/Yankees to the rest of the strike3forum posters. So, if you can, I encourage your participation.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Another thing, the Mariners site is having their own type of Survivor game. It is called weakest link. I just saw it for the first time just now and will be playing. We should all participate in that game as well, as they have come over to the Reds Survivor and played. See you there!

MLB ERA
    We have a day game on Sunday though, so it shouldn't matter, should it?
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Oh, I didn't notice that one. Good call CRF. Nevermind then we will have our Game Thread here and then be able to go to the GOTW as well. Thanks CRF.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Hey all, I am sorry that I have not been very active lately. There has just been so much going on with my wedding coming up in a few weeks. Trying to get ready for all that along with work, Little League, and a steady diet of working out at the gym every day has had me pretty tied up. Not only that, but I have a friend out here visiting from New York of whom I am trying to be a great host. So, I have been partying with him and we have been going to a lot of movies lately. So, things will remain a little slow for me until I leave for my wedding/honeymoon. And for that, I will be gone for almost the entire month of June. 3rd, 4th, and 5th i will be in Denver watching the Reds kill the Rockies. Then after the game on the 5th, its off to Vegas until the 21st. I should be home by the 22nd and I will be back in action at the forums. So, this is not goodbye yet, but it will be coming soon to a thread near you.

MLB ERA
    hehe have fun bro

i've been playing baseball myself, we had a game today and won 21-12 i went 1-for-2 with a single and 2 rbi's and a walk...i'm like 2-6 on the season though with 3 k's and 3 walks lolol
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Not bad ghetto! I wish I were coaching the older guys though. My guys are just really not into it. I don't understand how much the minds of kids have changed from when I was playing ball. The skill level and discipline is lost as well for the most part.

MLB ERA
    Congrats. ghetto on the over .500 OBP and redsrbetter on all of your honeymoon excitement.

I will be on a bit less at times from June 4th-June 12th because I'll be visiting relatives in Houston, but I'm going to the Sunday Night(ESPN) Astros/Cards game next Sun.(tix. right behind home near where Bush Sr. and Barbara sit) and the following Fri. in the club level). Should be a great time .

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Thanks CRF and have fun out there.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Have fun CRF! Everyone else might need to step it up a bit in June, it sounds like all three mods will be busy from time to time.

I really love being off school though. I am just so relax and carefree.... it's awesome.

MLB ERA
    Thanks a lot. Yeah, we need others step up when us mods. are away.

And I agree about the lax feelings now.

MLB ERA
    I'm now officially "Deep in the Heart of Texas" (Houston) and can't wait to hear that song at tomorrow's Cards/Astros game(Mulder vs. Clemens!) that I'll be sitting right behind home for.

Getting ready to go out to dinner here soon, so will catch everyone later on...hopefully for at least the end of the game.

I would love to go to Texas. Did you fly down there?

Do you know how far teh Texas A&M campus is from Houston?