Page 112 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1817

Thread: Random Reds Rumblings

MLB ERA

Re: Random Reds Rumblings

Who on this pitching staff DOESN'T seem to get tagged early? Arroyo put the team in another big hole early and is about to give up mroe runs here in the 7th. This pitching staff is just brutal far too often.

And the hitters again look terrible against Morton. This team just doesn't seem good enough right now to be close to playoff caliber, despite the current standings.

With a sweep against the Pirates a very real possibility, they will have lost 5 of 6 to this team with the Indians and Phillies next. Could be 5 or 6 games out by the end of next week at this rate.

EDIT: Arroyo gives up another HR to make it 5-0. Thrashed at home against the terrible Pirates. This pitching staff is embarrassing.

Seriously, the team has looked generally lifeless since the Cardinals series. Apparently a three-game sweep in May is a division clincher to these players. Terrible plate approach since Monday overall and the all too typical gag-worthy pitching.

The Cards are already blowing the game open against the Astros with Lohse looking very, very good so far.

Seriously, how is Bryan Price's job not at least a point of contention? His performance compared to Dave Duncan just isn't stacking up.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30 View Post
    Who on this pitching staff DOESN'T seem to get tagged early? Arroyo put the team in another big hole early and is about to give up mroe runs here in the 7th. This pitching staff is just brutal far too often.

And the hitters again look terrible against Morton. This team just doesn't seem good enough right now to be close to playoff caliber, despite the current standings.

With a sweep against the Pirates a very real possibility, they will have lost 5 of 6 to this team with the Indians and Phillies next. Could be 5 or 6 games out by the end of next week at this rate.

EDIT: Arroyo gives up anotehr HR to make it 5-0. Thrashed at home against the terrible Pirates. This pitching staff is embarrassing.
    Let down series after dominating the Cubs and Cards. And as I have said before it was impossible to match what we did vs teams under 500 last year. You're going to lose some everyone losses to someone sometime it is a marathon not a race. Is it disconcerning that were struggling vs the Pirates? Yes, but we just put the wood to the Cardinals and short of some theatrics and Chapman not being able to find home plate with a radar, compass, and a diving rod we did it very easily.

Is this team perfect? No, we need a true hammer at the front of the rotation. Arroyo is a good pitcher but he will not ever be mistaken for Cliff Lee, Felix Hernandez, CC Sabathia, or the like. He will have days like today. We needed to get Grienke when he was on the market to provide stability and a marketable "ace". Cueto has pitched well and Bailey battled yesterday to keep us in it but we need another piece in that rotation.

Milwaukee is treading water right now and they are HORRIFIC on the road thus far. Maybe if Milwaukee falls out of it they might shop some guys around and give us another opportunity. I believe he is still in Spring Training mode plus Milwaukee's d has been less than stellar thus far.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

They look lifeless against the Pirates. That is the worst part.

Agreed about the ace/hammer but Castellini was never going to spend the money needed for him. So far he has not shown much wiggle room in the payroll to add such players very often. Getting a bit frustrating.

Yet Lohse, Westbrook and McClellan continue to pitch very, VERY well for the Cards with Westbrook even besting Cliff Lee - whom you just mentioned.

And I seriously don't know if I can watch Paul Janish hit anymore. Just sooooo bad right now.

Also, once more Votto kills a threat, swining at the first pitch. The first Cardinals game last weekend aside, he just hasn't hit well enough in those situations for an MVP this year. Almost seems the Reds want Morton to get the complete game. Even the hits in the inning were swings early in the count. No poise at all there.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Let down series after dominating the Cubs and Cards. And as I have said before it was impossible to match what we did vs teams under 500 last year. You're going to lose some everyone losses to someone sometime it is a marathon not a race. Is it disconcerning that were struggling vs the Pirates? Yes, but we just put the wood to the Cardinals and short of some theatrics and Chapman not being able to find home plate with a radar, compass, and a diving rod we did it very easily.

Is this team perfect? No, we need a true hammer at the front of the rotation. Arroyo is a good pitcher but he will not ever be mistaken for Cliff Lee, Felix Hernandez, CC Sabathia, or the like. He will have days like today. We needed to get Grienke when he was on the market to provide stability and a marketable "ace". Cueto has pitched well and Bailey battled yesterday to keep us in it but we need another piece in that rotation.

Milwaukee is treading water right now and they are HORRIFIC on the road thus far. Maybe if Milwaukee falls out of it they might shop some guys around and give us another opportunity. I believe he is still in Spring Training mode plus Milwaukee's d has been less than stellar thus far.

MLB ERA

Pirates win, 5-0. Awful. Lead likely down to 1/2 game after tonight and first place may well slip away tomorrow.

MLB ERA

Another page out of the book on "How to Lose a Game" last night from the Reds. Wood and Ondrusek couldn't find the zone (what a shock from Reds pitching). A perfectly executed bunt single against the fielders. No, they haven't hit as well since the Cards series (though scored run totals of 7, 7, 0, 3, and 4 so really only the one game was in the "brutal" category) but the pitching staff last night again forced them to score at least 6 runs to win - just as in the Pirates series.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA

Homer Bailey with another choke-job in the 7th inning. What Reds pitcher does get through 7 IP without getting smoked?

Jake Westbrook, though, pitched 8 stellar, shutout innings. Sparking.

Bryan Price earning the big ones again today and Bailey executes to perfection!

Of course all of the blame will go to the offense today for not scoring tons of runs. I mean, in other Reds area, it is never this pitching staff's fault, apparently. The offense always has to score a ton of runs.

Looks like 1.5 games out and dropping quickly. Maybe 5 or 6 out after Philly and approaching 10 out after Atlanta at this rate??

MLB ERA

Brilliant AB once again by Phillips there in the 9th inning. Votto walks on four pitches and he beats a ptich into the ground with an overly aggressive approach.

Totally uninspired from this team since the Cardinals series.

And falling further out each game.

MLB ERA

The argument in other areas appears to be "Bailey only made one mistake and didn't deserve this loss." Well, sometimes ya have to bear down and not give up the WORST possible outcome in that scenario (2-run HR) when up 1-0 at the time. Teams are going to go through periods with little offensive production.

Travis Buck hadn't homered in his first 40-plus AB and has an OPS under .700 even after the HR. Just a brutal mistake and one this pitching staff seems to make pretty consistently so far this year.

I'm beyond tired of the narrative blaming the team's offense (particular individual players) for many of the losses while absolving the generally poor pitching. Maybe Homer should have simply pitched as well as Jake Westbrook has in his last couple of outings? He could have won today if so...

MLB ERA

Looks like 2.5 games out after today. Garcia on the mound for the Cards and looks great so far. Descalso and Allen Craig providing offense early for them today.

Volquez pitches like Volqeuz. Reds sleepwalking against the Indians' pitcher.

So 2.5 back and Hamels on deck with Halladay and Lee to follow shortly thereafter? Everything is bright!!

MLB ERA

Molina shines again in the clutch for the Cards at KC with 2 more big RBI on a triple. I guess those boos from Reds fans didn't scar him for life.

MLB ERA

Clasic Reds. 1st and 2nd, 0 outs. Janish, Stubbs and Heisey all do absolutely nothing. Janish is a black hole and the obsession with Heisey is perplexing. Stubbs also incredibly streaky and overrated.

Look at Allen Craig for the Cards, though. Just hit after hit after hit. Why can't the Reds ever find these types of players? Man, Wayne Krivsky was awful at identifying talent. These "building blocks" of his just aren't particularly good.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Volquez has been option to AAA Louisville.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Volquez has been option to AAA Louisville.
    About time.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Rookie ERA

Dising the hitters on his way out the door.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Howard just tied the game up in the bottom of the 10th after Bruce gave the Reds the lead in the top. Nice
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.