Page 110 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 1817

Thread: Random Reds Rumblings

MLB ERA

Re: Random Reds Rumblings

We had to improve the rotation. We saw what is likely the pinnacle of this rotation as is. We have NO hammer in an era when the competition has 2-4 of them. We went with Volquez even before injuries why? I still don't know. What Greinke would have done for even just the psyche of the team would been HUGE. We were so good against the bottom feeders last year that you couldn't legitimately expect the same type of turnout vs teams like D'Backs or Pirates.

And yes I would have been willing to package any piece not named Bruce or Votto. That includes Volquez, Alonso, Heisey, Stubbs, ANYONE.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

Drew Stubbs; still not there in the clutch.

All those young Krivsky players continue to fail to advance to that next level at this point.

But the team can't count on the offense to win every game. Brutal that they may lose two series to the D-Backs and Pirates this early in the season - two of the worst teams in baseball last year.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA

This team doesn't spend enough money to add those true impact players. I've liked some of Castellini's organizational changes but he still won't add expensive players.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    We had to improve the rotation. We saw what is likely the pinnacle of this rotation as is. We have NO hammer in an era when the competition has 2-4 of them. We went with Volquez even before injuries why? I still don't know. What Greinke would have done for even just the psyche of the team would been HUGE. We were so good against the bottom feeders last year that you couldn't legitimately expect the same type of turnout vs teams like D'Backs or Pirates.

And yes I would have been willing to package any piece not named Bruce or Votto. That includes Volquez, Alonso, Heisey, Stubbs, ANYONE.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA

I'm going to tomorrow night's game. Fortunately I don't have to watch Volquez pitch because he is brutal right now. Just fingers on chalkboard bad at the moment the way he can't control pitches, makes poor pitches in key spots and generally can't harness his control.

I said right after Opening Day sometimes I wonder whether a rotation featuring Wood/Arroyo/Cueto/Leake and either LeCure or Maloney may be the most consistent overall. And I still feel the same lingering doubt about the matter.

MLB ERA

Textbook example of why the Reds signed Renteria right there in the 10th inning. Would have been deflating to not score there after the comeback against the nasty Marlins bullpen.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

7 homeruns in today's matchup, unfortunately 5 of them went to the Marlins. Arroyo had his second poor start of the season but at least Bruce continues to look like he is waking up, blasting his 5th homerun and drawing a walk.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Bailey pitched 6 strong innings. Posting 7 strikeouts with only one walk, keeping the hits low and pumping out strikes. Hopefully he continues the trend he started last year!

MLB ERA

Hopefully he does. Some degree of consistency will be the key.

MLB ERA

Well, that series went fairly well.

Except for the sporadic tense moments from the pitching staff, of course. But I forgot - the team's offense is the biggest scare factor right now.

And the Cardinals' whining is really starting to bug me. Before I didn't get as fired up as some on other boards but this latest spat may be the tipping point. Laird apparently complaning about Pujols getting hit "intentionally" by Cordero (yeah, to bring Holliday up as the go-ahed run with two outs to go...riiiight).

Then Cordero yelling into the Cards' dugout and Duncan spewing some harsh words. Then the acting manager gets on after the game saying this:

"You pitch out, you pitch in. That's part of the game. But when you pitch inside, you need to have a clue."He added, "It's always something when we come here."

And of course Carpenter had his usual glowing commentary about GABP and everything/everyone else (per stltoday):

"A poorly conditioned mound bothered Chris Carpenter in the first inning. Lingering smoke from fireworks celebrating Ramon Hernandez' home run irritated him in the third. A string of defensive hijinks compounded by back luck led to another pain in the fourth"

Seriously? I wonder how Jocketty feels about all of the happenings, considering his St. Louis background?

Anyway, time for Chapman to trek to Louisville for a while and begin the conversion to a starter. But the bashing of Dusty for using him in a seven-run game is absurd.

I'm heading to tomorrow night's game and hope Bailey continues his string of strong outings.

But any thoughts on this weekend's intense series? What an emotional three days it was as a fan and I'm sure for the players, particularly Cueto, Phillips and others - two of several who emerged as winners during these three games - certainly not whiners.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I've been down in Florida on a company leadership trip and a few of us Reds fans were all about following Cueto's game during one of the events. Arredondo's addition to the roster is very exciting and with Masset pitching like we need him to, I would definitely welcome Chapman to start the conversion process.

Cueto and Bailey both pitching as well as they have is just wonderful though. The game tomorrow should be a good one and I hope I get home from my flight in time to watch it.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

And Carpenter is a joke and a total baby. I really hope that when he hits more twilight years that Jocketty doesn't try to bring him over.

MLB ERA

He may have a heart attack before the end of the season if the Cards don't upgrade defensively in some spots.

MLB ERA

As has been pointed out elsewhere about the Pujols HBP; Cordero was 0-2 on him. WHY would ANYONE intentionally hit him to bring up Holliday as the go-ahead run and Berkman looming on-deck. But the postgame comments make it sound as though everyone should have known Cordero hit Pujols intentionally.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30 View Post
    As has been pointed out elsewhere about the Pujols HBP; Cordero was 0-2 on him. WHY would ANYONE intentionally hit him to bring up Holliday as the go-ahead run and Berkman looming on-deck. But the postgame comments make it sound as though everyone should have known Cordero hit Pujols intentionally.
    Uh, Cordero is a masochist?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Reds placed LHP Aroldis Chapman on the 15-day disabled list with left shoulder inflammation.
    It sounds like a phantom injury, designed to give Chapman a couple of weeks in the minor leagues to get his command under control. He's walked 12 batters in his last four appearances and the Reds don't want to risk having him fall off mentally. The hard-throwing southpaw should be able to climb his way back up in June.
    I couldn't agree more. To say he has struggled of late is putting it nicely. He has some serious control issues to nail down before coming back to the big league level.