Page 102 of 122 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1817

Thread: Random Reds Rumblings

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Random Reds Rumblings

Haha thanks CRF, what a great past 5 days huh?

Thats pretty cool of RCast as well, I wouldn't think he would do that. Or I would think he would have his own private elevator somewhere that would get him wherever he needed. So you were in the elevator with him?

I haven't been able to catch these last few games as my family is in town, but it is good to see some things landing right for us. I am concerned about Griffey and your words on Hairston's defense. This will only bite us in the butt later on.

I still favor Freel to Patterson, but he did make some great catches it sounds like. And Dunn is really getting it done lately on both sides of the game. Nice to see his defensive progress.

Thanks again CRF, that was entertaining and informative as usual.

MLB ERA

Yeah, we were in the elevator with him.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA

Hatteberg is useless when he isn't starting. Time to move him for whatever you can get.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA

Wow, Krivsky built a mess of a team. One currently the worst in the NL Central. He spent so much time on the pitching, and still couldn't build a quality staff. And he didn't add enough to the offense.

Fortunately we have Jocketty now to add some Wellemeyer's, Looper's, Ludwick's, Duncan's, Izturis', etc. I can't wait to see him dust the dirt.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Thanfkfully Belisle pitched well tonight. That should buy him a few more starts for sure. I am only happy on this account because Bailey has struggled in his last few starts.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

What's Daryl Thompson up to now?
    rf28

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I am not too sure, but he shouldn't be in front of Bailey on the depth chart anyway.

MLB ERA

I'd actually put Thompson ahead of Bailey on that chat right now. Bailey's a mess at the moment.

As for Belisle, Ross caught him last night. I expect he'll have most of his best starts when that occurs. Just thankful Valentin hasn't caught him at all.

And again tonight, the offense and defense disappoint. Sure, Cueto hasn't been great, but the poor hitting and defense haven't helped, particularly the defense.

Did I mention how BIG of an issue DEFENSE is for this team?? Jocketty will have to put a lot of work into bringing in good defensive players who can also get those big hits on offense. The pitching could use some patch-ups too, but those previously mentioned areas are vital.

Alto Queso
    Rookie ERA

Thompson, Lehr, and Shearn should all be given a look before Bailey at this point. They are all having good years in AAA.
    http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e...Doro9/reds.jpg

"Don't cry, we're grilling JTM with Chris Welsh after the game."

MLB ERA

Skip Schumaker for the Cards has almost as many hits tonight as the Reds had the entire game. Someone stepping up for them again. That's the type of talent Jocketty will likely try to bring in. Then we can have more offensive outbursts like the Cards did tonight.

Here is their glistening lineup from tonight:

Schumaker
    Miles
    Pujols
    Ludwick
    Glaus
    Duncan
    Molina
    Pitcher
    Ryan

When you look at statistics, you see why they have been an upper-tier offensive team and the Reds a lower-tier team: they lead the NL in total HITS; and have increased that margin by even more tonight after the second place Cubs. After the Cubs, no team is really within striking distance.

It's all about getting the big hit.

MLB ERA

I blame Patterson for this team's latest poor loss. All his fault that the team continues to lose and lose with Bruce in the lineup instead.

I can't wait for Jocketty's type of players to start arriving. Tired of the non-clutch performers on this team. I want to exude quality like the Cards still do because of his work.

His draft is likely the first step in that direction. Lots of what appear to be contact hitters who simply get HITS. We need some of those.

And wow did that Krivsky piece together a high-quality pitching staff or what?!

MLB ERA

By the way, have I mentioned the poor quality of this team's defense? Wow, it is scary bad! I can't wait for Jocketty to fix that concern.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Just let me know when those Jocketty types get here.

MLB ERA

I won't have to, you will notice the Wellemeyer, Pineiro, Looper, Ludwick, etc. types when they arrive! They will play more consistent fundamental baseball and get it done in the clutch.

Then we can be one of the best teams in MLB like the Cards appear to be AGAIN this year with their collection of quality.

I'm still waiting for that MASSIVE downfall so many predicted for that stunningy good franchise, LOL.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Ummm

I figured I would mention this after seeing it far too often. Brandon Phillips scares the heck out of me when he catches a pop up. Immediately after making the catch, he slams his hands down. I bet one day the ball pops out of his glove because of it.